x

Can a customer display work with square?

Can a customer display work with square? If so which ones will work best on an Android tablet?

Message 1 of 71
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

yes, you can use an iPad mini and the Customer Display beta app to show a very limited amount of info.  It is not near as robust as the customer-facing display on the new Square Register.  Customers can't sign on the screen, just see the transaction cart.

this page has all the info you should need and how to install it.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5492-customer-display

Note: At this time the Customer Display beta app is only available in the US and on iOS devices.

View Best Answer >

Message 10 of 71
70 REPLIES 70
Admin

Hello @thefew78! The information you're looking for is in this thread, so I've moved your post here. ๐Ÿ˜€

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 22 of 71

Thank you! How do you get an invitation code?

Message 23 of 71

Hello @thefew78, the code is displaybeta. You can find it in the link that VanKalkerFarms posted above. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 24 of 71

On my iPad it doesn't show up in hardware to connect the dipslay itself. 

Message 25 of 71
Alumni

Hey @EricaQ1 - Have you already followed all of the steps in the Customer Display set up article including the ones to troubleshoot? If so, can you send us a screenshot of what you see on your iPad when you get to that step of the process?

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 26 of 71
Beta Member

I tried to test customer facing display, and follow all the instructions. But still do not see the setting > customer display options. Does the app actually use location services to detect and hide the setting options if you are not in US? 

Message 27 of 71
Alumni

@PerryP - If you're not using a US based account, the Buyer Display App won't be available to you since it's only available in the US. 

Sorry about that. Thanks for your patience while we work to expand availability to other markets.

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 28 of 71

Hi what is the recent update on where the customer display will be available in other countries specifically were in Canada and Iโ€™m setting up a restaurant and would like to use the customer facing display so that the clients can see their bill when theyโ€™re purchasing items

Message 29 of 71
Beta Member

How do I get a invitation for customer display. 

Message 30 of 71
Square Community Moderator

@Falafeltaco Check out @VanKalkerFarms Best Answer for more details!

Ashley C
Message 31 of 71

[This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Square customer display]

I wanted to experiment with square customer display on a separate ios device but I don't see the option under settings, I'm using the square stand with the latest iPad that has the latest OS and both square POS and Square appointments (both updated to latest version) and I dont see the option anywhere.

Message 32 of 71
Super Seller Alumni

There's not much you can do to customize a customer display as far as I know, but then I've never really looked into it.  Can you describe what you want to do so we have a better idea of your intentions?

Judy T Shumway
Message 33 of 71

I read about how square has an option for customer display, basically I could use a separate ios device such as an ipad mini in conjunction with my ipad in my square stand to be used as a second display to show price to the customer, the way our desk is at our business we cant simply swivel the ipad around so I wanted to try out that system

heres a link 

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5492-set-up-a-customer-facing-display

Message 34 of 71
Super Seller

when I turned on the customer display I had to call into support for them to turn the option on for me.

as for the customer display on the iPad mini connected via Bluetooth, it is barebones and we never used in our business.

Message 35 of 71

Perhaps way too obvious to others but ........

Can the Square app on a iPhone 11 interface/bluetooth to an iPad so as to display an given order from a customer?  Or multiple orders in the event of a crush of customers?

Scenario- ice cream vendor taking orders, inputs sizes, flavors, types etc,  exchanges cash or card but order(s) is displayed on separate screen (iPad) in kiosk to allow scoopers to see and begin filling order.

Tanks heeeeeps, peeeps

Message 36 of 71
Alumni

Hey @lane23! Sounds like you might be interested in setting up a Customer-Facing Display.

Check out @JMHair's post above on how to set this up ๐Ÿ™‚

Justin
Message 37 of 71

is customer facing display app/setting still available using 2 ipads as medium for POS and customer facing dispaly?

Tags (2)
Message 38 of 71
Alumni

Hey there @monsterxtigress ๐Ÿ‘‹

@Spenser's post on the first page should help you out, as it has the direct page linked that outlines how to set up the customer display. 

Justin
Message 39 of 71

Newline is a Square partner that helps with branded custom facing screens. Feel free to book a call with us!

Orda Success Team
https://www.getorda.com
Message 40 of 71

I have a mobile coffee truck and I would like to have a display outside of my trailer for my customers that would display the same thing from my iPad that is inside the trailer. Is this possible with two iPads. Is there an app out there for this or would the square terminal link with my iPad. 

Message 41 of 71
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @KT6 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Happy to have you!

I've merged your post into a similar thread of Sellers also looking for this feature to use with the Square Stand. I would take a look at this Best Answer from Van Kalker Farms.It will direct you through some steps to set up a buyer-facing display with a separate iPad! 

Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime! 

Joe
Message 42 of 71