x

Can a customer display work with square?

Can a customer display work with square? If so which ones will work best on an Android tablet?

Message 1 of 71
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

yes, you can use an iPad mini and the Customer Display beta app to show a very limited amount of info.  It is not near as robust as the customer-facing display on the new Square Register.  Customers can't sign on the screen, just see the transaction cart.

this page has all the info you should need and how to install it.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5492-customer-display

Note: At this time the Customer Display beta app is only available in the US and on iOS devices.

View Best Answer >

Message 10 of 71
70 REPLIES 70

Take a look a the customer order tracker with Fresh KDS. https://beta.freshkds.com/order-tracker-guide

Message 64 of 71

Hello, I'm new to square and getting my POS setup. I have the Square stand and am wondering if I can connect a second iPad for customers to sign. Where my stand sits is a long reach over the counter and it would be nice if I could set up a second device so they don't have to reach, or we don't have to move the stand closer to them each transaction. I have an extra iPad.

Message 65 of 71
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @goldenlinecoffe

Welcome and thank you for reaching out in the Community!

I moved your post to a thread where another seller asked a similar question about using a customer-facing display. Please keep in mind the customer-facing display is just for viewing. The customers will still have to sign and tip on the original Stand iPad.

Check out the Best Answer by one of our Super Sellers, @VanKalkerFarms

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 66 of 71

Are you using Square POS, Retail, or Restaurant? We have retail and have both Square register and the square stand. As a retail subscriber you can not add a second screen to the Square Stand which is why we bought the Square Register to add a display. As stated the second screen is for viewing but it has way more features you can utilize via the Free POS vs the paid subscriptions. Like loyalty check in. I cant set it on my customer display since I pay for Square Retail but my friend has it on theirs with Square POS. You can set up different options on the customer display if you use POS but paid subscribers only get the view screen and limited checkout options. In short call in and ask based on version you use before you spend money on something that may not work the way you need.

Message 67 of 71

Thanks so much for the response and the info. Honestly I'm not even sure what plan I have! Retail vs POS. I started a weebly account to set up my website, and I know I pay monthly for that, but I don't even know if I will be paying monthly for Square. We are a popup cafe just getting started. I need to spend more time on it. The square equipment, apps and features seem great but are a bit confusing to me so far, not to mention the lingo. I'll figure it out I'm sure, just focused on getting some of the hard details of the business figured out right now. I really appreciate it!

Message 68 of 71

possible to use a larger display for the customer display?   Like a larger ipad or other type screen?

Message 69 of 71
Alumni

Sure you can if your devices are iOS @burbs! Keep in mind: Devices unable to update to iOS 10.0 or higher (e.g. iPad 2) are not supported.

Check out this article for a set up guide. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 70 of 71
Super Seller

I used some 8" androids and a Screen Sharing app that shared the screen of the Ipad.  The only thing was I still had to swing the Ipad Stand around for signatures.  The screen sharing app would not take input from the android device to the Ipad Square signature page.  The app was quick but had about half a second delay.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 71 of 71