x
Beta Member

Can an item be set to print if ordered online, but not print if ordered in store?

We accept orders in our online store for pickup in our coffee shop. When someone orders a drink in store, we write on a cup and do not print a ticket. With the online orders, we need everything to print. Currently, I have 2 separate items for everything we sell online - separated into IN STORE and ONLINE categories.

I am wanting to simplify my menu/register/operations as much as possible. Is there any way to designate an item to print when ordered through the online store, but not when ordered in person?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

@UGJac If you go into your printer settings you can tell the printer which categories to print.  It looks like for online order tickets you would only want ONLINE category to print.  This should accomplish what you are looking to do.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Thanks. This is how I set it up now, but I'm wanting to simplify to one item instead of two. At one point, I saw an option that (from what I can remember) would cause every online checkout item to print. Now that I'm ready to try it, I'm unable to find that again.

Message 3 of 3