x

Can authorized representative change appointment availability?

I am a one-person team, but in the event I am suddenly taken ill (or worse), I would like to give my Virtual Assistant the ability to remove all of my availability from Square Appointments.

If I add her as an Authorized Representative, will she be able to do this?

At the current time, I don't foresee her needing any other account permissions.

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @paulinewiles 👋 Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Seller Community! We are happy to have you join us and likewise happy to see you make your first post! We hope this space proves as a valuable resource as you navigate growing your business with Square.

First things first, I want to clarify the Authorized Representative role. Adding someone as an Authorized Rep is a simple designation that is applied solely to someone you would like to have access to account specific information when calling in to our Support Team. Once someone has been added to your account as an Authorized Representative, they will be able to call Square Support and take limited actions on your account.

More info on the Authorized Representative role here.

In regards to editing Appointment times and permissions, this is a setting and action that can be taken through the Team Management function. With Square’s Team Management custom permission sets, you are able to create multiple levels of access across all access points (e.g. Square Point of Sale app vs. Square Dashboard). 

Here is a brief overview for the Appointment Permission Settings you will find under Team Management:

I hope this information is helpful. Let us know if you have any remaining clarifying questions! We are here to help!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @paulinewiles 👋 Thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here on the Seller Community! We are happy to have you join us and likewise happy to see you make your first post! We hope this space proves as a valuable resource as you navigate growing your business with Square.

First things first, I want to clarify the Authorized Representative role. Adding someone as an Authorized Rep is a simple designation that is applied solely to someone you would like to have access to account specific information when calling in to our Support Team. Once someone has been added to your account as an Authorized Representative, they will be able to call Square Support and take limited actions on your account.

More info on the Authorized Representative role here.

In regards to editing Appointment times and permissions, this is a setting and action that can be taken through the Team Management function. With Square’s Team Management custom permission sets, you are able to create multiple levels of access across all access points (e.g. Square Point of Sale app vs. Square Dashboard). 

Here is a brief overview for the Appointment Permission Settings you will find under Team Management:

I hope this information is helpful. Let us know if you have any remaining clarifying questions! We are here to help!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2