x

Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online website

Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online website

The title of this post has been edited from the original:  Can automatic discounts be used on the online store?

When I create automatic discounts, such as quantity or amount discounts, they work perfectly well on my point of sale but do not work on my online store.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you!

4 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online webs

@phillipsrw Thank you 🙏❤️ You too! ☀️

Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online website - Status changed to: Has Product Insight

Hello there!

I appreciate all your patience while we work to get this feature implemented. The beta testing for this feature has currently been delayed. Our team is working very hard on the backend to resolve some roadblocks that have prevented this from going. If you would still like to join the Beta for this request you can certainly still do so. I know this is incredibly hard but I appreciate you all for hanging in there! 🙏

Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: BOGO (Buy one, get one) and other automatic discounts via my Square Online website - Status changed to: Needs Beta Testers

Hi! We'll be launching a beta test for Automatic Discounts on Square Online in the next couple of weeks. Head over to Automatic Discounts for Square Online to join the Beta Community and request access to this beta test.

Verified Answer

Re: Buy 1 Get 1 Free Coupon on Square Website

Currently, the Online Store doesn't support Buy-one-get-one coupons. However, you can assign standard discounts to certain categories. From the site editor,  visit Items > Coupons > Add Coupon. You'll find an option to choose eligible categories under Discount Details at the bottom of the page. 

@be-the-light

304 Comments
Beta Member

@AshleyK  could you please advise how I make a complaint. Your response to me today I feel was inappropriate and subsequent removal and editing of posts wrong.

Can you please publish a complaints escalation process which I can follow.

@Valentina  maybe you could assist? Many thanks.

Admin

Hey @foxflame! 🦊🔥 

As moderators, we do our best to escalate feature requests to our Product Teams, provide updates when we have them and provide workarounds if available. Unfortunately, I wish we had more say as to what feature requests go into development and when we get updates. While I know this process can be frustrating, it's our job as moderators to remove or edit any content or reactions that do not align with our Community Etiquette Guidelines

If you'd like to provide us feedback on our moderating, please post within our Community Discussion board. When posting on that board or in general, please keep in mind our Community Etiquette Guidelines. Thank you. 

Beta Member

How do I get removed from this string?  It is clear others want what I want and that it is not a priority for Square so we all have decisions to make about whether we stay or go, but I don't want to hear the constant complaining.  Since I started string it won't let me unsubscribe.

Admin

You can click thread options on the original post and unsubscribe @sipmke !

For me it says subscribe because I am not currently subscribed - but you should have the option to unsubscribe.

Have a nice Valentine's Day! ❤️💜💕We'll update this thread when we have an update. Apologies for the delay. 

Beta Member

Please consider this Feature Request:

Discounts are one of the most basic and frequently used features by most retailers.  Some of the ways Square discounts are set up are limiting to the retailer.  

Please consider:

When enabling a POS discount, a toggle on/off to carry the discount over to the online store.  If an item in on sale in the store, it should be on sale online.  Currently, the only way to put items on sale online seems to be to change the price of each and every individual item.  

When enabling a discount that applies to an entire sale (I.e. our museum members receive 10% store purchases in all categories aside from the categories of Admission, Membership and Consignment) the retailer should have the option to exclude categories.  Currently, if I set up a 10% discount and exclude categories from that discount, it changes the discount so that it automatically applies to any sale made at the POS.  I should be able to choose to apply that discount to sale of Members only and still be able to exclude categories from it.  Please, please consider tweaking the discounts feature to allow this!

I would like the ability to put in a discount percentage into one item without creating a coupon code.  My store is in Weebly and I use Square for my items

Right now i can only put in a sale to the item i want to put on sale and I have to change each ounce that i have for one item in variations.  I want the ability to put one complete item on sale without creating a coupon code.  Etsy has this why don't you

Alumni

Sounds like you're looking for Automatic Discounts which is only available with the POS, not Square Online. You are definitely not the only one asking for this feature. We're tracking on this thread I moved you to. @robinb9

Is there a timeline for this yet?!

I have stopped waiting and stopped using Square altogether. It was less of a headache to switch than to try to find workarounds. Now I just need to figure out how to unsubscribe from the updates on this thread.

Saturday this will be a year old.
Happy Birthday!!!

It looks like we've cured a pandemic quicker than Square can enable BOGO for on-line sales. Hooray us!!!
moot-solution, coming soon.