x

Can customers reply to notification emails from addresses ending in @messaging.squareup.com?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Email reply to an invoice

When we create and send an invoice to a customer, there is an option for the customer to reply to the email.  Where does the email go to?  It is not going to the email set up in our account. 

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

I can help clear this up, @Star1320 -

Any emails sent from an email address ending with @messaging.squareup.com are sent from no-reply email addresses, which means that they are intended for sending emails, but won't receive incoming messages. These email addresses are used for things like sending invoices and receipts to your customers, or sales reports and confirmation emails to you.

There will always be an option to reply to any email, even no-reply emails - this has more to do with the email provider and the way they set up their inboxes. They do not automatically recognize no-reply email addresses, so you can still technically reply - the message just won't go to anyone.

Let me know if other questions come up!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

Best Answer

I can help clear this up, @Star1320 -

Any emails sent from an email address ending with @messaging.squareup.com are sent from no-reply email addresses, which means that they are intended for sending emails, but won't receive incoming messages. These email addresses are used for things like sending invoices and receipts to your customers, or sales reports and confirmation emails to you.

There will always be an option to reply to any email, even no-reply emails - this has more to do with the email provider and the way they set up their inboxes. They do not automatically recognize no-reply email addresses, so you can still technically reply - the message just won't go to anyone.

Let me know if other questions come up!

Valentina
Message 2 of 4

Hi there! 

This thread is the closest I've found to the issue I'm experiencing. My clients are receiving automated emails from noreply@messaging.squareup.com. If they choose to reply anyway, then the emails are consistently going to my personal email address, rather than my company email address. I never check my personal email address, and especially not while I'm at work. How can I change the default address associated with the noreply@ emails?

Thank you!

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

You should be able to edit your email address by following the directions outlined on this page.

If you don't see the email address you are currently receiving emails at here on this page, our team can give you a hand, @floof ☁️

They can take a look at your account with you to help a shine light here, and make adjustments to your email address if needed. Please reach out by phone or email when you have a moment by logging into your Square account and heading here.

Valentina
Message 4 of 4