x

Can customers see the notes we enter for them?

Hi, I am new to Square.  I have a retail store and have been entering notes specific to the customer after a sale into our customer directory.  Can customer's see these notes on their receipts, email, etc on future purchases?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Admin

Re: Can customers see the notes we enter for them?

Hey @kernwellness! Welcome to the Community.

Customers aren't able to see the notes you enter for them at the time of sale.

So no worries if you weren't wanting that! However- if you add payment details instead of just Custom Amount then it would show on their receipts. 

Message 2 of 6
Highlighted

Answers my question perfectly! Yes, I did not want the customers to see the notes.  Thank you for the reply!

Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Admin

Hey there @kernwellness ! Hope you don't mind if I jump in here.

I tested to see if notes are visible on receipts and they actually are customer-facing, so be sure not to include any sensitive info you do not want your customer to see.

Hope I caught you in time. Apologies for the confusion. 

Message 4 of 6
Highlighted

Oh gosh, I am so glad you let me know.  I was hoping to leave notes specific to each customer but did not want them available to be seen by the customer.  Only for in store reference follow up info.  But I will find another method.

Thank you so much!

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Admin

@kernwellness

No worries! Glad I was able to clear things up for you. In case you didn't know, the Customer Directory allows you to create customer profiles so you can add additional info about them there.  

Learn more here

Message 6 of 6