x

Can customers see the notes we enter for them?

Hi, I am new to Square.  I have a retail store and have been entering notes specific to the customer after a sale into our customer directory.  Can customer's see these notes on their receipts, email, etc on future purchases?

Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey there @kernwellness ! Hope you don't mind if I jump in here.

I tested to see if notes are visible on receipts and they actually are customer-facing, so be sure not to include any sensitive info you do not want your customer to see.

Hope I caught you in time. Apologies for the confusion. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey there @kernwellness ! Hope you don't mind if I jump in here.

I tested to see if notes are visible on receipts and they actually are customer-facing, so be sure not to include any sensitive info you do not want your customer to see.

Hope I caught you in time. Apologies for the confusion. 

Justin
Message 2 of 9

Oh gosh, I am so glad you let me know.  I was hoping to leave notes specific to each customer but did not want them available to be seen by the customer.  Only for in store reference follow up info.  But I will find another method.

Thank you so much!

Message 3 of 9
Alumni

@kernwellness

No worries! Glad I was able to clear things up for you. In case you didn't know, the Customer Directory allows you to create customer profiles so you can add additional info about them there.  

Learn more here

Justin
Message 4 of 9
Beta Member

I've just noticed the "notes" in the "customers" section of my Square dashboard. Although it seems quite simple and self-explanatory, I don't see anything about it in the help section.  

It's a great feature and I'm wondering a few things:

• Is it simply a note to myself that will stay until I remove it?
  • I see it can act as a reminder too -that is cool.
  • Also, Am I the only person who would see it? If I leave myself a note about a customer that goes something like:  "Remember that this customer is mean and always complains to get their money back. (Only accept cash from her!)"  Is there any condition in which that customer would ever see this note?🙄In other words, this feature is great to remind me of something important to remember about a sale with that person and I hope that the note would be visible only to me when I'm sending an invoice, estimate, or receipt to that customer.

Short version of my question:  Am I the only person who will ever see the "note" that is attached to a customer?

Message 5 of 9
Alumni

Hey @srqpcfix! thanks for posting. 

Yes, you are the only one that can view customer notes - they are not public-facing. 

Justin
Message 6 of 9

you gave 2 different answers! yes they are customer facing and no they aren't! which one is it?

Message 7 of 9
Square Community Moderator

@DrStolsig Customer notes are visible to you as the owner. They are not public or customer-facing.

JJ
Message 8 of 9

How does the reminder function work? Will I get a notification or something?? 

Message 9 of 9