x

Can ipads collect their own tips and only show those tips in their sales?

I own a full service restaurant where we have a few different ipads for our servers to use that link into our main register ipad. The question is their any way to have each ipad show only the tips that were collected on that specific ipad, then have the main register, where they are all linked, show total tips collected? This would enable me to assign an ipad to a specific server and that server carry their own bank so not so many hands are in the drawer. Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi @Fizzys, and welcome to the Seller Community. We're happy to hear from you! As for your question, yes, you can find this information within the Sales tab of the Square Dashboard. In fact, we cover this topic in our Support Center. As a quick recap, I'll lay out the steps:

1. Visit the Sales tab of the Square Dashboard

2. Click "Advanced Options," and then select "Display by Device"

3. With this option enabled, if you scroll down, you'll see your sales sorted by device.

Understanding what data you'd like, it sounds like you might also need to add an additional column to include tip data. To do that, you'll need to click the "+" button in the reports table, and then add "Tips." Here's a screenshot:

Hope this helps!

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square

Best Answer

Hi @Fizzys, and welcome to the Seller Community. We're happy to hear from you! As for your question, yes, you can find this information within the Sales tab of the Square Dashboard. In fact, we cover this topic in our Support Center. As a quick recap, I'll lay out the steps:

1. Visit the Sales tab of the Square Dashboard

2. Click "Advanced Options," and then select "Display by Device"

3. With this option enabled, if you scroll down, you'll see your sales sorted by device.

Understanding what data you'd like, it sounds like you might also need to add an additional column to include tip data. To do that, you'll need to click the "+" button in the reports table, and then add "Tips." Here's a screenshot:

Hope this helps!

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 2 of 2