x

Can multiple users use the Dashboard simulteanously from two different locations without conflict?

Good Day, 

I have the square Dashboard logged in at my store location (Location A) for staff to enter new stocks as they arrive. However, I am curious to know if I can simultaneously log in from another office (Location B) and make adjustments and enter stocks to the Dashboard at the same time as the store (location A) without conflicts?

Thanks.

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @WMTT, welcome to the seller community! 👋

Yes — you can have multiple people logged into the Online Dashboard from multiple computers/devices simultaneously (e.g. Location A + Location B), make edits to your inventory, and all changes will be saved without conflicts.

Hope this helps make things more clear! If I'm missing the mark here or if anything else comes up, please let me know and I'll make sure this gets sorted out. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @WMTT, welcome to the seller community! 👋

Yes — you can have multiple people logged into the Online Dashboard from multiple computers/devices simultaneously (e.g. Location A + Location B), make edits to your inventory, and all changes will be saved without conflicts.

Hope this helps make things more clear! If I'm missing the mark here or if anything else comes up, please let me know and I'll make sure this gets sorted out. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 9

Answered my concern exactly. Thanks, Tom. 

Message 3 of 9

I have a question around the same area. I have several point of sale stations.  I want to be able to identify the user working and his sales. Can I have a different user log into point of sale in location A and different user in location B

Message 4 of 9

Hello @vincenzos

Great question! Have you taken a look at our Employee Management feature? This will allow you to issue your employees a pin number. They will then use this pin number to login and you will be able to track their sales. You can also distinguish employees by location! That way you can get the granular sales data I think you're looking for. 😀

I recommend checking out the link provided! Please let me know if I can help out. ✌️

Message 5 of 9

Do these multiple dashboard users each have their own log in?

Sorry 🙂  New to square!  Trying to figure out how to get a coworker to log in and assist.  Without giving owner permissions.  We don't really use a POS but just virtual terminal.  So I need more than one log in ID. 

Message 6 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hey @DeniseP and welcome to Square! No need to apologize, these are important questions. If you create a Team Member under Team on the Square Dashboard with Dashboard permissions, they will have their own email and password to sign into the account and will only have the ability to see the permissions that are granted to them. 

You can learn more about Team Management in this help article, but don't hesitate to ask me if you have follow up questions. Thanks!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 9

Hi Ashley, we are going to be using square at some upcoming markets for POS. One day we will be at two different markets. Can both locations sign in with the account ID and Password and conduct sales (I do not need to see who is doing what) or do I need/should setup the additional people as teammates, can they have access to sell through the POS app this way?

Thanks for your help.

Hilary

Message 8 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @HBK4

Welcome to the Community. I am going to jump in for Ashley on this one. 

Yes, you can have multiple devices logged into your account at once to take payments. 

You mentioned tracking sales by person, is not a huge concern for you. If it becomes one in the future, I would recommend adding employees. 

Another option would be adding device codes to each one, so you can see which device those payments came from. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 9