x

Can one appointment be made to automatically block time from two locations?

I have two "locations" set for completely different business activities that shouldn't share a common booking site.  But I only have one staff member (me).  When somebody books my time through one business portal, how can I make that also remove my availability from the other location?   To avoid double-booking. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

There isn't a way for an appointment made at one location to cause time to be blocked automatically from another location, as the two locations are separate entities. As the sole staff member, there are a couple of things you could do to avoid double-booking when running two business by using two locations.

One way is to edit your Online Booking Preferences so that you must accept or decline any and all appointment requests that come in - this puts you entirely in control of appointments booked at both locations.

Another option is to create a personal event on your Square Appointments calendar. Your customers won't see the personal events when booking, but they won't be able to book during the timeframe you set for the personal event.

I hope this is helpful, @Frankoden!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Thank you for your answer @Valentina , I am currently doing the second suggestion, that is, whenever an appointment comes in at one location, I go and put a personal even in that time slot at the other location.  It works, but it kind of offsets the advantage of an automated booking system, I still have to do a manual entry task for each appointment.   

I don't know if others would find this useful, but it seems to me it would be a good feature to add (for traveling staffers), that an appointment for a particular staffer coming into one location could automatically block time from other designated locations.

Message 3 of 4
Alumni

This would be considered a feature request at this time - we appreciate you providing a detailed example of how this would benefit you and your business! These types of examples are just what our product teams like to see when considering building out new features.

I'll be sure to hop back here to update this thread if something changes, @Frankoden.

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4