x

Drawer Report Export and Payout Export

Drawer Report Export and Payout Export

Hello
Looking for an export option for the Drawer Report. This is a fantastic feature already on the square but without an export option it is painful. Being able to just export that info to be used in our filing would be amazing for businesses like mine that do daily payouts. I found a post about it from 2017 in the forum and people are still asking for it today.

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Questions-How-To/Can-t-figure-out-how-to-export-Cash-Drawer-Repor...

57 Comments

Any progress on this request?

This answer is over 3 years old...but I still can't export a simple cash drawer report?  Square?

Please provide an update on if / when Square plans to provide this functionality.  It's becoming a deal-breaker for me.  

I would also like an update on this.  I don't understand how such a simple report is not available.

Square Community Moderator

Hey @scootsch @Coolhand213 and @oct1038 I appreciate you all reaching out and asking for an update. I know this feature request has been open for a long time and it makes sense how and why this feature would be beneficial to your business'. I hear your frustration in the time this has taken and want to add sympathies to the frustration you are experiencing, but at this time, I do not have any updates for the ability to export cash drawer reports. You are always able to email and print the cash drawer reports, but I know that this does not take away from time entering these reports into a CSV file should that be the end goal.

Thanks for your time!

This is been a request for at least four years.   Why can't we export the Cash Drawer Reports for a period into an csv or excel sheet?  

Hi there, @TectonicComics - thanks for reaching out again to us here on the Seller Community. Happy to hear from you again!

You are correct, here. Exporting Cash Drawer reports is still considered a Feature Request for us. I've gone ahead and merged your post into the existing thread regarding this Feature Request, and we recommend this Best Answer from Chad in regards to workarounds. 

While we don't have an accurate and shareable timeline for this feature just yet, the merging of your post will help us notify everyone when we have info to share. Thanks for hanging in here and for your patience! 

All reports and data regarding business operations should be accessible as a csv or excel export.  As a manager of a coin-operated laundromat - I need to be able to manipulate data for various purposes outside of Square's current functionality (like refinancing, business loans, determining viability of continued service to specific customers, etc). 

Currently, I'm preparing a cost analysis report for 2019-2020 and I need a copy of all Pay Outs from our cash drawer reports for those years to verify our total costs in processing each corporate account's Wash Dry Fold orders (so I can compare our costs with our income). 

We use our own cash to complete the washing/drying (as we have coin operated machines) - so our staff notates any cash Pay Outs with the name of the client, what type of machine was used and the cost of the wash or dry for that order.  

Since I can only access Pay Outs from the Cash Drawer report page - I'm finding I have email copies of each and every day's drawer to myself to then copy and paste into a document and then reformat in excel for me to complete my analysis with formulas.   

As you can imagine, this is a time consuming and laboriously detailed process.  I believe all data accumulated from a business should be accessible to the owners/managers to export to manipulate as needed to grow said business.  

Thank you for your consideration!  I look forward to seeing what new additions y'all make to Square in the coming months.  

@SDev thank you so much for giving us such detailed feedback. It really does help our developers not only see the need that a lot of our sellers have for this feature, but it also helps them see exactly how this feature would be used. I will keep bubbling up the feedback. Thanks again!

Hi Ashley, it would honestly be extremely helpful for us to be able to export cash drawer report over a day range. Right now I am finding it quite difficult to collate cash sales report for reconciliation and audit. Please help feed this back to your developers. Thanks a lot.