x

Drawer Report Export and Payout Export

Drawer Report Export and Payout Export

Hello
Looking for an export option for the Drawer Report. This is a fantastic feature already on the square but without an export option it is painful. Being able to just export that info to be used in our filing would be amazing for businesses like mine that do daily payouts. I found a post about it from 2017 in the forum and people are still asking for it today.

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Questions-How-To/Can-t-figure-out-how-to-export-Cash-Drawer-Repor...

58 Comments

Just adding a bump to this feature request. If everything else, can be exported, it makes no sense why this can't also be exported. This is extremely frustrating and it feels like the request is being ignored. 

Square Community Moderator

Thanks for flagging this feature request again. I know it's been a long time that this has been requested and do know that I really do send each piece of feedback over to our development team. I will continue to do so and thank you again for your post!

I'll just chime in as well...Considering that Square marketed itself heavily to small operators, entrepreneurs and mom and pop businesses, all of which tend to deal more heavily in cash, it is crazy to me that this feature request hasn't been higher up on the list of priorities for the Square team. 

I have 2 locations running sales through Square and I have to input our paid ins/outs for each day into Quickbooks, and if I could just print a monthly (or any time frame, really) report from Square then I would only need that paper plus my Quickbooks open to accomplish this. However, because Square cannot accommodate this functionality I have to keep a tab open on my computer for Cash Drawers then cross reference back and forth for every day. For each location. Then back to Quickbooks, then back to Square Cash Drawers and so on and so forth roughly 600 total times a year!

Makes me wonder what the devs are so busy working on that this topic, revived numerous times over years, has not even been put to them to start addressing...meanwhile I'm doing so much busy work trying to accomplish a small task that it makes me doubt even wanting to continue using Square.

It really is unconscionable that cash drawer reporting is not downloadable. I've never worked with another POS that didn't have this feature. Square markets itself as THE small business POS solution. This is a HUGE gap in functionality. My carpal tunnel is probably due to all of the manual input I have to do to track my cash drawer history. For the love of god, Square! Add this simple download! 

I'm about to embark on my annual journey to record small payout transactions from our cash drawer...it would be so much easier if Square had acted on this request (which has been on other threads for over 4 years).  I just want to export an existing report...is it really that crazy of a request?

Ashley, can we get an update or some feedback about the possibility of getting the ability to download the Cash Drawer Report?  It's been over 4 months since your note that you would pass it up through the ropes again.

I use this to reconcile the end of year before taxes and it is painstakingly hard to do it without a spreadsheet to compare my bank deposits to my cash drawers.

Alumni

@nbbs yes, as Ashley mentioned, this feature request has been surfaced to the Product Team but we haven't heard any news yet on its development.

We'll loop you in when things change. Be sure to subscribe to this thread up top for the latest. 

Thanks for your continued patience. 

Beta Member

It looks like this is still an issue. Is that right?

It seems like at the very least, an export of the sales summary should include all the lines you see on the displayed report, which it does not. How has this not been fixed?

Super Seller

I also would like this "feature".   I have to go through each cash drawer report email I received and reconcile manually.    

Hey @BofBArtStudio @Bcenigma @mysticcoffee @nbbs 

If the cash drawer export is still an open issue, we'd like to see if we can solve it for you. Please send me a direct message.

cheers,

Anto