x

Drawer Report Export and Payout Export

Drawer Report Export and Payout Export

Hello
Looking for an export option for the Drawer Report. This is a fantastic feature already on the square but without an export option it is painful. Being able to just export that info to be used in our filing would be amazing for businesses like mine that do daily payouts. I found a post about it from 2017 in the forum and people are still asking for it today.

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Questions-How-To/Can-t-figure-out-how-to-export-Cash-Drawer-Repor...

57 Comments
Super Seller

Yes.  It looks like each drawer under reports on the dashboard only has the option to email a report, which is sort of fine-ish.  Would prefer a csv style export. 

I tried direct messaging you, but it didn't allow me to do that.  When I hover over your screen name, a box pops up with buttons to Send Message or View Profile.  When I click Send Message, it just brings me to my inbox and the only option there is to view previous messages or start a new community thread.

Do we have an update on this issue? We are trying to close out 2020 for taxes. 

Ok, so here is a workaround for this issue. and might I say that for goodness sake square, what the everloving heck with not just making a button for this?

Anywho. First, get the following AddOn for Firefox: Table Data Export (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/table-data-export/?utm_source=addons.mozilla.org&utm_...) it allows you to download HTML tables as CSV files.

Second, go to the reports page for Cash Drawers and make sure that all the important columns are visible (there is a little plus sign in the top right corner that allows you to make columns visible or invisible. Once the table shows the data you like, click on the little icon in the top of Firefox that represents the Table Data Export plugin (currently an orange square with an arrow).

Here is where it gets a little tricky but not much. If you just use the default settings it will fail. However, if you check the box next to "Edit Table Identifier Defaults" you can change the settings to the following:

Class ID/Name : "ember-view" without the quotation marks.

Start Table Column : 1

End Table Column : 10

Then click export. It exports as a plain CSV, but should show all the needed data.

Its a workaround, and I apologize for having to offer such a lame option, but here it is.

For future proofing, on the off chance that Square changes the table name from "ember-view" you can find it by opening the inspector and searching for tables. Ignore the "table." preface as it is added by the export program.

Ok, so here is a workaround for this issue. and might I say that for goodness sake square, what the everloving heck with now just making a button for this?

Anywho. First, get the following AddOn for Firefox: Table Data Export (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/table-data-export/?utm_source=addons.mozilla.org&utm_...) it allows you to download HTML tables as CSV files.

Second, go to the reports page for Cash Drawers and make sure that all the important columns are visible (there is a little plus sign in the top right corner that allows you to make columns visible or invisible. Once the table shows the data you like, click on the little icon in the top of Firefox that represents the Table Data Export plugin (currently an orange square with an arrow).

Here is where it gets a little tricky but not much. If you just use the default settings it will fail. However, if you check the box next to "Edit Table Identifier Defaults" you can change the settings to the following:

Then click export. It exports as a plain CSV, but should show all the needed data.

Its a workaround, and I apologize for having to offer such a lame option, but here it is.

For future proofing, on the off chance that Square changes the table name from "ember-view" you can find it by opening the inspector and searching for tables. Ignore the "table." preface as it is added by the export program.

Ok, so here is a workaround for this issue. and might I say that for goodness sake square, what the everloving heck with now just making a button for this?

Anywho. First, get the following AddOn for Firefox: Table Data Export, it allows you to download HTML tables as CSV files.

For future proofing, on the off chance that Square changes the table name from "ember-view" you can find it by opening the inspector and searching for tables. Ignore the "table." preface as it is added by the export program

Can you provide a way to copy and paste?  I just get a mess...can't even save as a pdf.

No add-on needed workaround with chrome and excel. "Save Page As" in chrome. Save somewhere you can find it. In excel: Data / Get External Data / From HTML. I had to delete the first couple hundred rows, but the cash drawer report is imported and formated, David

Update, google sheets will import HTML files. File / import /upload 

Good luck,

David