x

Can the grid view be set up on an iPhone?

Just wondering if there was a way to get the POS grid view on an iPhone? I really don't like the list view. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Steve

GI Jerky

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Super Seller Alumni

As far as I can determine, it's not currently possible to set up the item grid on an iPhone.  I'm not completely sure it would be very helpful anyway, as each item would be so small that it would be difficult to select the correct one, or else the items would be so big that only a few would fit on a screen at a time.  I'm sure you're aware that you can set up the grid on an iPad though.

Judy T Shumway
Message 2 of 9
Super Seller

unfortunately, the grid is only available in the iPad version of the Square POS and there isn't a way to force the different version onto a phone unless you jailbroke the phone but even then I'm not sure if it can be done.  With phones becoming bigger and bigger I too would love to have the grid on my iPhone XS Max.

Message 3 of 9

I agree! I have the Max too and think it would be convenient instead of the list. Also, I wish there was a way to have a seperate tab for discounts instead of just showing up in the items list.

Message 4 of 9

I would like this functionality as well (for Android phone in my case). Even if only a few images fit at a time, that's ok because we can scroll through them. Please make this functionality available!!!

Message 5 of 9
Admin

@mbay

We'll continue to pass this request to the product team! 

kellyj
Design Program Manager
Square Inc
Message 6 of 9
Beta Member

@kellyj any updates on getting the grid on phones? 

Message 7 of 9

I have just set up square for the first time on my iphone and when I set up a couple of items they appeared like icons on a single screen. I now know that this is called grid format. But when I went into it the following day to try and have a play I could not see that view any more and have been searching how to get it back. Not sure how I got it in the first place when it seems it was never possible on a phone...but I saw it with my own eyes 🙂

Message 8 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hi @adnal93 and welcome to the Seller Community. 🙂

You can adjust the view of your items on the top of your Point of Sale screen under Checkout. I have a screenshot below:

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 9