x

Can the "Done" signature button be moved to the top of the screen?

Can the "Done" signature button be moved to the top of the screen?   

I used my iphone and the "done" button is accidentaly touched before the signature if completed.  

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Thanks for answering this one, @VanKalkerFarms and thanks for bringing this up, @GNOSilver. I wanted to let you know we heard your request and will be passing it along to our product team. Over the years I know the "done" button has moved a couple times with re-designs of the app, but I don't have a timeline for when/if this will be updated soon. We appreciate hearing from you though and will keep you updated if any changes are afoot. Hope your week is off to a good start!

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Super Seller

I agree that people signing on our iPads can have difficulty signing because they drag their hands or place their hand down and hit either the clear signature or done button. Especially people not familiar with touchscreen technology. 

Message 2 of 10

Thanks for the share.  I wonder if there is anyone at corporate listening to help resolve this problem.  
Message 3 of 10
Super Seller

Message 4 of 10
Alumni

Best Answer

Thanks for answering this one, @VanKalkerFarms and thanks for bringing this up, @GNOSilver. I wanted to let you know we heard your request and will be passing it along to our product team. Over the years I know the "done" button has moved a couple times with re-designs of the app, but I don't have a timeline for when/if this will be updated soon. We appreciate hearing from you though and will keep you updated if any changes are afoot. Hope your week is off to a good start!

Message 5 of 10

MANY times the customer rests their hand right on that button, unless I give them a whole spiel about how the design of the screen makes it imprudent for them to do so. PLEASE move that button. It's in a horrible place! That's exactly where most people rest their hands to sign. I use a stylus, which is much easier than letting the customers use their fingers. 

Message 6 of 10
Alumni

Hello @greendragon9 - thanks for positing and welcome to the community!

@Kpay's answer gives some details on the movement of the done button. Sorry to hear it is still troublesome for you! I'll make sure to communicate this to our Product Liaison Team. 👍

Message 7 of 10

I too am having issues with clients accidently brushing the done button with their palms before the signatures are completed.  Even with using a stylus and signing on an Ipad mini still occurs frequently. 

The buttons need to be placed at the top of the screen, so that they are out of the way during signing.  I see that this thread was started in 2016 and the buttons are still at the bottom of the screen. Please consider an update or options to change the POS screen especially for small independent businesses. Thanks  

Message 8 of 10

The "CONTINUE" botton was at the top, just above the tip area (which was helpful for people to see the tip area), and now it is at the bottom as of 3/8/2019.

My clients are accidentally hitting it before they can complete their transaction.

Message 9 of 10
Admin

@ksqmassage We're always working to improve the app but thanks for letting us know this is happening. We'll share your experience with the Point of Sale team. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 10 of 10