x

Can we accept a square gift card from our other square store?

We have two separate square stores for shops in two (neighboring) cities. We've been operating as two businesses, but now plan to rebrand as one business. However, our banks are local and convenient so we want to keep separate accounts for the separate locations. And so it seems we must keep two separate accounts in Square so that we can have two separate banks - one for each location. And that's fine. However, both locations will need to accept gift cards issued at either shop (or online). Customers will also expect their loyalty program to follow them from location to location. Is there a way we can maintain separate bank accounts while also accepting gift cards and building brand loyalty from either shop?

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

you will not be able to do any of the above if you keep 2 separate Square accounts.

But if you use one square account and use the location feature for the separate store locations then the gift cards will work, and the loyalty will work also between locations.  with each "location" in Square, you can have separate bank accounts for deposits and name them.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

Best Answer

you will not be able to do any of the above if you keep 2 separate Square accounts.

But if you use one square account and use the location feature for the separate store locations then the gift cards will work, and the loyalty will work also between locations.  with each "location" in Square, you can have separate bank accounts for deposits and name them.

Message 2 of 4

Oh, that's good news. I had read elsewhere that separate bank accounts were not a thing. Thanks for clearing this up for me.

Message 3 of 4

Yup they are 100% correct.  I have three locations.  Two physical one mobile.   We have two seperate bank accounts and gift cards are used across all location.  pretty cool.

Message 4 of 4