x

Can we apply a 2.3% cash discount to an entire order on Square Register?

In our cafe, I'd like to apply a 2.3% cash discount to an entire order whenever someone pays with cash.

To be useful to us, the discount must require just one button at payment time. We're uninterested in a cash discount that requires that a discount button be used on each item because:

• that would be unnecessary work for the barista, and

• the barista would often forget to turn on the discount for some items during checkout, and

• if the customer changes their payment method at the last minute, the barista would have to go back to each item to change the discount status.

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @tyrosqdome 👋 Thanks for reaching out again to us here on the Seller Community! Good to hear from you!

This is definitely doable! You can create a specific 2.3% discount from your Online Dashboard, and then simply apply it only to Cash Sales by adding it to your transaction during checkout in store. This kind of discount will need to be applied manually, and cannot be automatically applied.

For a deeper dive on how to specifically apply this discount during the sale, take a look at this helpful resource.

Let me know if this gets you where you need to be! I want to make sure this gets solved for you.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @tyrosqdome 👋 Thanks for reaching out again to us here on the Seller Community! Good to hear from you!

This is definitely doable! You can create a specific 2.3% discount from your Online Dashboard, and then simply apply it only to Cash Sales by adding it to your transaction during checkout in store. This kind of discount will need to be applied manually, and cannot be automatically applied.

For a deeper dive on how to specifically apply this discount during the sale, take a look at this helpful resource.

Let me know if this gets you where you need to be! I want to make sure this gets solved for you.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3

@tyrosqdome did you by chance figure out an easy way to do this? What you're describing is exactly what we are looking for.

Message 3 of 3