x

Can we use Square for a single event?

My daughter is hosting a fundraising event for her 4-H robotics team.  All proceeds are going directly to the 4-H team.  Can we use Square for this one time event or does Square require a specific volume of sales to be used?  If this goes well, we may want to use Square at other fundraising activities where we are selling concessions - water, sodas, snacks, etc., but most events will still be fairly low volume.  The total annual amount resulting from all fundraising activities will always be a few thousand or less per year.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

i have used my Square about 4 times per year at craft fairs.

Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

There are no minimums per month or monthly fees so even if you use it one time for a $10 donation it's fine. The standard free swiper will be fine for you too because no one should be using fake or stolen cards to make donations (at least one can hope) so you shouldn't have to buy the $49 chip card reader Here is the link about the liability shift but it shouldn't be a problem for you . Just make sure you have your account setup and bank account connected before the event and all should go great.

let us know how it goes.

Message 3 of 3