x

Can you SYNC stock for 2 different stores

Hi all, I have a Square account but will be opening  a second store in the next couple of weeks which will have a completely different account that won't be linked in anyway, my question is although there will be 2 separate accounts can I run one inventory for both separate stores, if someone has managed that and can let me know i would be super grateful 

Message 1 of 8
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hey @Dodge,

If you are starting a completely new account for the other store rather than just an alternate location then the two stores will remain 100% unrelated, because of this you can not track stock using square. Sorry on Square's behalf for any inconveniences, I'd look into just setting up a new location if this is your aim.

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hey @Dodge,

If you are starting a completely new account for the other store rather than just an alternate location then the two stores will remain 100% unrelated, because of this you can not track stock using square. Sorry on Square's behalf for any inconveniences, I'd look into just setting up a new location if this is your aim.

Matt - He/They
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 2 of 8

Thanks Matt, I thought that would probably be the case but always worth a check!, the second shop is going to be separate franchise with a different bank account etc., so the location won't work unfortunately, I appreciate you coming back to me though. 

Message 3 of 8
Super Seller

No problem!

Matt - He/They
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 4 of 8

Hi Matt,

Hope you have been keeping well.

Can I pick your brain on something related to my original question, I have set up my second shop as a second location on Square and sync'd all my products over from Woocommerce, I thought everything was going well but noticed this morning that items sold through my second (new) location are not being taken out of stock, it works fine on my first location just the second location is a problem, to give you an example we have 2 items in stock, 1 item is in stock at both locations, both items were sold yesterday at both locations, in my first store the item came out of stock but in the second store it is still showing in stock, I have looked into all the settings and cant understand why items in the second shop don't come out of stock when sold, any advice would be great,

Thanks

Roger

Message 5 of 8
Admin

Hi @Dodge, just stepping in for Matt here! I can definitely take a look into this for you. Are you selling in person or online through your second location? If it's online, can you let me know if the second location is setup on WooCommerce as well or is it through the Square Online site? 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 6 of 8

Thanks for coming back to me, my set up at the moment is I have a website that I don't use Square for online payments, I also have 2 shops (one has just recently opened) which I use Square for my payments, when I only had 1 shop everything was running fine in that if someone was to purchase in my shop or online the items would come out of stock to give me an accurate inventory, about 4 weeks back I set up a second shop, I added the second shop as an additional location and sync'd the stock and everything worked a treat, it was only this morning I have realised that anything that has been sold in my new second shop doesn't come out of stock, I'm not sure why and I'm not sure how you set up a second location in Woocommerce/Square, looking at my Square account everyhting seems to be right so do you think it might be Woocommerce?

Many thanks in advance

Message 7 of 8
Admin

If the second location is setup within Square, it's definitely worth contacting WooCommerce directly @Dodge. The team operate and manage the integration and would have more insight into the setup as well. 

You can contact them by submitting a ticket with their Support team.

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 8 of 8