x

Can you add a customer's name to a transaction after the transaction is completed?

So we are trying to go back and add a customer's information, after the transaction has been completed. My Husband performs the transactions in his shop then brings the paperwork home and we enter the customer's info into the system, but have not been able to attach it to the activity or transaction.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Adams Mechanics

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

If you go to the Transactions tab of the Sales section of your Dashboard, you can see each individual transaction.

If you click on one, the receipt will appear on the right side of the screen.

At the top right corner, you'll find a button with three dots.

Clicking there will allow you to add a customer name to the receipt.

Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 8.50.30 AM.png

This response was edited by a moderator in October 2021 to include a screenshot and improve clarity.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Super Seller

Best Answer

If you go to the Transactions tab of the Sales section of your Dashboard, you can see each individual transaction.

If you click on one, the receipt will appear on the right side of the screen.

At the top right corner, you'll find a button with three dots.

Clicking there will allow you to add a customer name to the receipt.

Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 8.50.30 AM.png

This response was edited by a moderator in October 2021 to include a screenshot and improve clarity.

Message 2 of 11
Square

@VanKalkerFarms - Thanks for the help! 

@utv133 -  Since this answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find this thread if they have the same question. Thanks!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 3 of 11

Excellent answer. I would add that this can only be done from the webpage, not from the Square Register App.

Message 4 of 11
Beta Member

I no longer see the 3 dots as an option. Has something changed?

Please help as I am trying to do the same thing.

Message 5 of 11

The 3 dots still there; however, this can only be done from the web page, not from the Square Register App.

Message 6 of 11

This process has worked for me in the past, but for some reason it is not working now.  I am getting a "We’re sorry, but something went wrong." every time I try.  Please help!

Message 7 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Sorry to hear you're having issues with this now, @DIY_AutoDetail! Which browser are you using? 

Message 8 of 11

What about actually seeing the customers name in the transactions list, instead of having to click each ticket to see which client that ticket belongs to? 

Message 9 of 11

So I've completed a sale without using "Review and Checkout" on their appointment. Is there a way to go back and attach the client to a previous sale?

Message 10 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @krexwinkle

I moved your post to a thread with some more information on how to do that. You will have to do this on the Dashboard. 

Check out the Best Answer by VanKalkerFarms

Thank you! 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 11