x

Can you add an Account Administrator for free?

Can you add an Account Administrator for free?

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

@pkk1 [UPDATED 2019]

You can add an Authorized Representative for free, but to use the Administrator role you would need to subscribe to Team Management, which costs $35 per month per location.

However, as an alternative you can use the free Team Permissions role to give employees access to your online Square Dashboard. Keep in mind with the free Team Permissions role all of your employees have the same permissions. 

This Support Center article has more information about the differences between an Administrator and an Authorized Representative. If you have additional questions let me know!  

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Best Answer

@pkk1 [UPDATED 2019]

You can add an Authorized Representative for free, but to use the Administrator role you would need to subscribe to Team Management, which costs $35 per month per location.

However, as an alternative you can use the free Team Permissions role to give employees access to your online Square Dashboard. Keep in mind with the free Team Permissions role all of your employees have the same permissions. 

This Support Center article has more information about the differences between an Administrator and an Authorized Representative. If you have additional questions let me know!  

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

Why don't we have a profile for an "Accountant" under user access/permissions?

This seems like such a basic request...yet this is the only info I can find on this forum:

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Questions-How-To/Can-you-invite-an-accountant-to-your-square-acco...

NO...giving your Accountant your email and Password is not a good idea.

Square, we need a response on this topic please.

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey @redstickspice,

I merged your post with one of the existing threads on how to add an accountant/administrator with their own access.

You'll need Team Management to do this as @Helen listed above if you want them to have their own login. 

There's a free and paid tier you can choose from. Check out her link above for more information and how to set this up!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

accountant login is such a basic feature. 

Square, this will leave customers wondering about alternatives. 

I turned on the extra employee permissions subscription and found created myself a whole host of other problems. 

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @Tysonr

Thank you for adding your voice to this thread!

At the moment, this would still be considered a Feature Request for our Team Management platform. This has been a long time ask of our sellers, especially ones that use outside help with their business. 

I would recommend adding this to our Team Management board over in the Ideate section. It will allow other sellers to add their voice to the Feature Request and you can stay in the loop with status updates on your request. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6