x

Can you invite an accountant to your square account?

How can I invite an accountant to access my square account? Do you have to give them your personal login or is it similar to Quickbooks where you can invite them and they make their own login? 

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 19
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

It would be easiest to just give them your email and password.  you could change it once they are done if you don't feel comfortable with that.  Or you could set them up as an employee for $5 a month and give them the access you want them to have with https://squareup.com/pos/employee-management.   Could you just print your year-end reports on sales and returns and credit card fees, or do they want more info?

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Super Seller

Best Answer

It would be easiest to just give them your email and password.  you could change it once they are done if you don't feel comfortable with that.  Or you could set them up as an employee for $5 a month and give them the access you want them to have with https://squareup.com/pos/employee-management.   Could you just print your year-end reports on sales and returns and credit card fees, or do they want more info?

Message 2 of 19

Awesome! That's super helpful! I am just hiring my first accountant so I asked her those questions you mentioned. Thanks again! 

Message 3 of 19

I have a similar question.  I just hired an accountant and he needs view access to my square account.  Is there a way to give him access w/o having to pay additional fees?  I can't find it anywhere in the account setting.

Message 4 of 19
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @tkdinh_99 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community. Welcome! Happy to have you.

The easiest solution would be to grant full account credentials to your accountant (email address/password) so that they could log in and view reporting fully. Obviously, this may not be an acceptable solution for all - but there is no cost associated. 

Also, the Team Management features are free for one user, meaning you can grant your accountant their own login access and restrict what they can view and edit - and it will be free as long as it is set for one user.

Let me know if you have any clarifying questions!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 19
Beta Member

I'm looking into the Team Management and in the chart at the bottom, I don't see anything under Analytics and Reporting that indicates a "team member" would have access to the reports they'd need. It only lists access to "Overtime reporting".

Please explain this option more fully.

Message 6 of 19
Alumni

The chart explains that you as the owner will have access to these reports, not team members. What reports do you need team members to access? 

@LaurieM

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Message 7 of 19
Beta Member

All the financial data if it’s for the accountant to use. 

Message 8 of 19

Hey @LaurieM

Head over to this article  > Reports to see all the reports your team members can have access to. 

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 9 of 19

Wouldnt be outside PCI Compliance to "give your credentials" to someone else? Especially if they are not directly employed.

Message 10 of 19

Providing anyone access to your account credentials is never the correct answer.

Message 11 of 19

Hello there @hardtimesnatl I am happy to provide some insight. With Team Management you do not have to provide your account information. The employee can set up their own login. If you have questions please let me know. 

Message 12 of 19

Having to pay $5 month to give an accountant access is completely ridiculous.

Message 13 of 19

Please let me know if I'm wrong in my understanding here, but wouldn't you NOT be charged the $5 for your "accountant employee" unless you actually paid them? I thought pricing for square payroll was based on how many employees you ACTUALLY pay each payroll run? 

Message 14 of 19

Hello @jpolizzi5!

This thread is about limiting what an employee can see on the Square Dashboard using permissions. Employee Management will cost $5 dollars a month for each profile that's assigned a permission role

Message 15 of 19

No, this thread is about "Can you invite an accountant to your square account?", and the answer if Yes, if they pay $5 per month, making the accountant an employee- giving permissions to access reports, which is absurd.

Message 16 of 19

Other softwares allow an option for the accountant to have view only access on reports and such. I think Square should input that as an option.

Message 17 of 19

I totally agree!   Square should give us the ability to give our Accountant access for free OR expand the free Team Management permission to allow viewing of Sales Reporting.  We should never share logins with anyone. 

Message 18 of 19

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "How can I give my accountant access to my account?" The author has been notified via email.

I have just started quickbooks online and have given access to my accountant.  How do I give access to my accountant for Square?

Message 19 of 19