x

Feature Request: Sound notification for Point of Sale sales?

Feature Request: Sound notification for Point of Sale sales?

I think it would be great if there was a way to have notifications sent to my phone like a “cha-Ching” whenever I had a sale at my shop. When I’m not at the shop, I am constantly checking my phone to see the sales. 

0 Likes
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Can you make the Square Contactless and Chip Reader beep when the sale is over?

Not sure if this is too easy or what but...when I run a cc transaction using the chip card reader I stand there with the customer and when the transaction says OK...or whatever it says...I take the card out of the chipreader and hand it to them. Not only is it good service I think it is my responsibility to make sure the card goes home with the customer not the other way around. Just saying.

23 Comments

How do I force my chip reader to make a sound when the customers credit card is accepted?

Square

While your should hear a slight beep when a chip card or contactless payment is completed, there's not currently a way to make this louder.

Having said that, I know that our product team has been looking at ways to improve the notification, and I'll be sure to pass along your thoughts on the subject! 

Is there a way to have the chip reader beep to remind customers to take their card after the purchase? So many of my customers forget it and I find myself running after them or googling them to try to return it to them. Thank you!

Square

@GoodJuju - The reader actually does make a beeping noise, it's probably just hard to hear. I think there are definitely ways for us to improve this process, like adding a message to the register screens. I'll be sure to share your feedback! 

I would love to hear some kind of "cha-ching" noise when I ring in a sale.  Anyone have any ideas how I could do that?  It may not be possible but I thought it would be fun.  🙂 

Admin

Hey @DragonStar, thanks for surfacing! Love this. 💰 🔔

At this time, Square Point of Sale won't make a noise unless you accept a payment using the Contactless and Chip Reader. The reader will make a simple "beep" — to preview the sound, check out this short video:

I can see how possibly selecting from a variety of sounds directly in the app and activating them for other card readers would make for a neat checkout experience. Rest assured that I'll pass this over to our Product Liaison team.

Keep an eye out for updates, and please don't hesitate to come back with any other questions. 👍🏻

It's almost a year later after the response to this post and still no sounds to remind customers to take their card. I'm finally searching for results on this after dealing with this issue, running after customers are having customers forget their cards in the reader. Every other store and chip reader has this functionality. Please build in some kind of reminder or sound. 

Alumni

Hi @NStyle - Not sure if you already saw Sean's comment above, but the chip readers actually do have a beeping sound as well as flashes green once the transaction is complete.

I did see but the beeping sound can't even be heard. I have two separate stores with the readers and neither beeps. Perhaps your referring to if it is connected via Bluetooth?

Alumni

@NStyle - Hm, that's strange. 🤔 The readers should still beep even when connected to the Square Stand. If it's just that the volume is low then we will keep passing on the feedback about volume adjustments to our Product Team so they can improve upon it. If it's not making any sounds at all, contact us directly and we'll see if we need to send you another reader.