x

Can you modify a checkout link after you've started using it?

Hello,

I create an donation item which shows 3 fixed amounts in the variables as well as a custom amount.

This item is hidden because I want to use only the checkout link and I don't want it to appear on my website.

In the checkout link, the custom amount box doesn't show. Is that normal?

I found an FAQs stating that maybe I should have edited the "Details" of the link and selected "Accept Donations" but it looks like that because my link is already active, I cannot change it?

Let me know if there is a way to have that custom amount show.

Thanks

Stephanie

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Actually, it must have been a glitch in the interface. In my donation item, I toggled the custom amount off and back on, saved and after that it showed again in the checkout link.

Anyhow, my problem is solved, but it's nice to know that I can create just a link without an item to take donations. Maybe I can use that next time...

Thanks

Stephanie

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Hey @amptc!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. Happy to see you around.

You cannot edit the the amount details for the checkout link - only the title. I would suggest creating a new donation link:

For me, it appears that the default for donation is that the customer enters the amount. Is that what you're looking for? 

Let me know! 🌟

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 7

Best Answer

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Actually, it must have been a glitch in the interface. In my donation item, I toggled the custom amount off and back on, saved and after that it showed again in the checkout link.

Anyhow, my problem is solved, but it's nice to know that I can create just a link without an item to take donations. Maybe I can use that next time...

Thanks

Stephanie

Message 3 of 7

Hello,

I am currently having this problem, as described in the original thread. When I create a donation checkout button, I am not able to toggle the customer enters amount feature on or off. It's not allowing me to create suggested donation amounts. Is that feature no longer available? What am I missing? Any guidance is appreciated!

customerentersamount.JPG

Message 4 of 7
Alumni

Hi there, @wrkngclssrm ✏️ 

Hm - I was putting together a post explaining how I was able to create a checkout link as you're interested in doing, but I am unable to replicate the item I created months ago. This is what it looks like:

I went ahead and flagged this over to our team - I think something looks off when I'm trying to make one of these now.
I'll let you know when I have an update + further instruction!

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 7

Hi!  I am following this thread, as I am trying to add an open donation option to checkout, for customers to enter any amount before they make their purchase.  I created the checkout link, but now I'm confused on how to actually apply it.  Any help is greatly appreciated!!!  I'm working through this transition to square bit by bit...

Thanks!

Anne

Message 6 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @WNwings Welcome to the Community 😊

The donation checkout link is meant to be shared by the following options: 

Is this what you mean, or are you trying to do something different? 

Message 7 of 7