x
Beta Member

Can you send a form to a customer based upon the item ordered?

I am a vendor with over 2 dozen weekend market locations and an online store through big commerce. I'd like to sell boxes at each location and collect payment and shippng information from them without having them to go through our big commerce online store. Is there a way I can automaticlly send a message to the customers with a link to a form to collect their shipping data?

I am already assuming that there is not a way to collect this information in the POS itself. I want to figure this out because we have a few dozen weeend market staffers who are familiar with the square POS but not with our bigcommerce online store.  I want to make it as easy as possible for our customers at these markets to ship items to other people and capture upon our customer's personal interactions with our staff. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Sorry fo rthe late reply @KimchiPickles

Hmm, Square does integrate with online form builders (like JotForm) but as far as I'm aware those would 'send' your customers online to complete the information. Were you looking for a way to collect information by SMS? That's an interesting request! 

In the meantime I can think of two ways that you could gather shipping information from customers on the spot:

1. Use the Customer Directory: From the Customers section of the app your employees could record the customer's shipping information, and even save the customer's card on file so you can charge it later on when you've shipped there order.
  2. Send an Invoice: You could send an invoice to a customer and toggle the setting Request Shipping Address on. With that setting enabled, when the customer receives the invoice by email they will be prompted to provide their shipping address (as well as their card information) when paying the invoice.

I hope this helps for now! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 2