x

Can you set the starting day of your week for Square reports?

Can you set the starting day of your week for Square reports?

We run a business that is open Thursday-Sunday and would like to view our Square reports for each week Right now, the weekly summaries all start on Sunday and end on Saturday. Is there a way to change the default to starting a new week on Monday (ie allowing our weekly summary to group Thurs-Sun)? I know you can choose custom date ranges for a new report but it would be great if our weekly summaries would actually reflect our business week.

89 Comments
Admin

@Bieredemel There isn't a way to change the default date range for the emailed reports. I'll share this post with the Reporting team, I see how it would make sense for your business. Saying that, if anyone else is interested in this please post in this thread to let us know! 

Beta Member

Just chiming in that this is a feature we would certainly be interested in using as well.  All of our other accounting software allows this so it would make exporting data even easier. 

I am also interested in being able to change the first day of the week to a Monday rather than the default Sunday.

This would be incredibly helpful for accounting purposes.

Beta Member

I agree that this would be incredibly useful to be able to change the beginning of the accounting week to Monday.

Did square ever do anything with this request? [Personal Information Redacted]

Admin

Hey @Ginger_Bauer and @cheesemaker!

We're still working on making our automatically generated Online Dashboard reports more customizable. Thanks for bringing attention to this feature request. 

We will post an update in this thread when we have one. Thanks for the patience. 

This would be very helpful for us.  Our week starts on Monday's not Sunday's.   The weekly reports are useless to me.   

Same here, thanks!

Alumni

@LaBicyclette - I hear ya, and glad to have you in the Community! 🤗 Thanks for adding to the thread. I don't have any updates about this yet but I'll circle back here when anything changes!