x

Can a customer use their bank account to pay invoices? (ACH payments)

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Can a customer use connected bank account to pay recurring invoices?

Hi,

A client of mine has no credit cards or even a debit card for her checking account. Since my service is monthly subscription based, I wanted to get her on recurring invoices. She asked if I could connect her checking account (ACH payments) for her payment. Can this be done through Square? 

Thanks!!

John

Message 1 of 78
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Can a customer use connected bank account to pay recurring invoices?

Wanted to share an exciting announcement that ACH payments are now available for Invoice payments! 

Here's the announcement post where you can find full details on it from the lovely @kellyj here! Thanks for your patience as we rolled this out. 🎉

1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Wanted to share an exciting announcement that ACH payments are now available for Invoice payments! 

Here's the announcement post where you can find full details on it from the lovely @kellyj here! Thanks for your patience as we rolled this out. 🎉

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 78 of 78
77 REPLIES 77
Beta Member

The previous main thread asking about accepting ACH/EFT payments in Square Invoices was from two years ago at this point. The most recent comment from an Admin was in October 2020 asking for volunteers to participate in Square Beta.

I have enabled Square Beta and replied to the thread as requested by @kellyj but no response or message.

Can anyone at Square provide an update on whether ACH/EFT payments will be possible in Square Invoices?

Message 64 of 78

Hello all! 

We apologize for the delays, but we've moved to the Beta Phase of testing ACH Payments on Square Invoices and are excited to have you test with us. 

If you are interested in testing this beta with us, please head to Beta Community to join in! 

**For those who had shown interest previously, I've sent a private DM with next steps.

Danny
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 65 of 78
Beta Member

@kellyj and @DannyH We would love to be a Beta tester for ACH transfers on Square Invoices! We currently outsource this but would love to bring it back in-house with Square! As an orthodontic practice, the vast majority of our patients are on a recurring payment plan. Some of these are with credit cards, but many are with their checking or savings accounts as ACH transactions.

Message 66 of 78
Beta Member

@kellyj Are you still running a beta on this? I would like to join if possible. 

Message 67 of 78
Admin

@TrotterOrtho @martika 

We're excited that this test should actually go live pretty soon, but we'd be happy to get you involved in the meantime. We enable accounts on Fridays currently.

Would you mind taking a few minutes to fill out this survey to tell us a bit more about the business, and we'll get you going?

Fill out the ACH survey here. 

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 68 of 78

@kellyj We are also interested in ACH payments for our B2B customers as many have asked. I'd be glad to help if testing is still ongoing!

Message 69 of 78
Beta Member

Please, please, please include us in this Beta! We really need this option as well!

Message 70 of 78

Hiya -

I completed ACH survey and would like to activate beta testing please.

Message 71 of 78
Beta Member

Replying per @kellyj 's instructions in order to be included in the ACH beta/test group.

Message 72 of 78

Definitely interested! I have church clients for piano tuning that don’t have a card for the church but definitely want to be able to get my service plans. Thanks!

Message 73 of 78

Ashley C
Message 74 of 78

Can you set up Reoccurring invoices as an ACH?

Message 75 of 78

Hi @Richiecon84

We don't have the capability for doing the ACH transactions on invoices or payments. This is excellent feedback on our transactions. 

I could pass this along to our Product Team!

Kassi
Message 76 of 78

Ashley C
Message 77 of 78

Best Answer

Ashley C
Message 78 of 78