x

Can you use customer management in Canada?

Is there another app or option to use in Canada?  I'm surprised that this is available in the US but no where else?  What is the problem?  I would like to switch over to square- but this is a deal breaker.  

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 15
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Great news sellers....we just launched Customer Directory in Canada! 🍾  You can now manage your customer directory from the Square app or manage your customer directory online, through the Square Dashboard

@thecorkery - Since you got to test things out for us, would you mind sharing some details about your experience? 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Square

@jennyatBG - Thanks for taking the time to post you question in the Seller Community. We're happy to have you!

As for a timeframe, I don't have anything concrete to share. I do know that we're constantly working on expanding our suite of features to all of our sellers. I'll be sure to channel your feedback to our product liaison team. If I do hear any updates, I'll also post them in this thread too. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 2 of 15
Square

@jennyatBG Hi again! Would mind sharing what features of our customer engagement tools you're most interested in (Customer Directory, Marketing or Loyalty)? I'd love to share more specific feedback with this team. Thanks! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 3 of 15

Hi Sean,

My current POS system has all of my wine club customers listed with their specific product discount %.  

When they come in and give me their name, I can ring them in and the discount is automatically taken at the till. 

We have a three tier wine club and my customers dont remember which tier they are in.  It is way more professional to just have them in our system.  

So I guess loyalty and customer directory would #1.

Message 4 of 15
Admin

Thanks for circling back with that insight, @jennyatBG. We'll get this over to our Product Liaison team. Please keep in touch and don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 5 of 15
Square

Best Answer

Great news sellers....we just launched Customer Directory in Canada! 🍾  You can now manage your customer directory from the Square app or manage your customer directory online, through the Square Dashboard

@thecorkery - Since you got to test things out for us, would you mind sharing some details about your experience? 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 6 of 15

So far, so good. It's a simple process to add a customer to a sale which is nice because there's nothing worse than having a customer waiting any longer than is necessary. I like that I can access a customer in the list and see their purchase history. So far, I haven't seen any email marketing options though. I'm guessing it's a work in progress. One thing of note: I find myself sometimes, accidentally clearing all the items from a sale in the register when adding a customer to the sale. A small thing but a bit of an annoyance at times when you're busy.

Message 7 of 15
Square

@thecorkery - Thanks for taking the time to share! I'll also be sure to pass along the feedback! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 8 of 15
Beta Member

Not seeing the sign-up screen under customer directory on the app, per the hep page below:

(Scroll down to Customer Directory, tap Sign-up screen and toggle this option on.)

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5976-get-started-with-email-collection-tools

Not sure if this is because we are in Canada or some other issue, hopefully, someone can help explain?

Message 9 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @TopJimmy62

Customer Directory is available with you Canadian account, but you won't have access to Customer Engagement. That Feature isn't available in Canada yet. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 15
Beta Member

@Kassi_ Hi Kassi! When with Customer Engagement/Management be coming to Canada? It's similar to Loyalty but we might not want the full-blown loyalty due to cost.

James Wilkinson
Message 11 of 15

When is the Customer Dashboard coming to Canada??????

Message 12 of 15
Square

@thecorkery - Thanks for taking the time to share your interest! While I can't offer any sort of timeframe right now, I do know that brining these features to our Canadian sellers is something that is top of mind for us. I'll be sure to update you if I hear anything concrete! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 13 of 15

Ok after a couple of weeks, I can report that the CRM portion is pretty decent. The one thing I would say is missing that I've noticed so far is the ability to view purchase histories on the browser version of the dashboard. If it's there, I can't find it. I'm also not seeing any metrics available for frequency of visits/customer, most purchased items by customer, etc. That sort of stuff would be nice to have.

Message 14 of 15
Square

@thecorkery - Thanks again for sharing your experience. I'll be sure to pass along your feedback! 🙂

Sean
he/him/his
Message 15 of 15