x

Cannot create categories

I have created a few different site categories successfully. However, now, whenever I try and create a new category it fails and says "Something went wrong. Please try again."

I keep trying but I can't seem to get around it. Anyone know what the problem might be please?

Message 1 of 13
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @toddbeamish and @asifrashid82, I just want to follow up and let you know our team have rolled out a fix for this issue. You shouldn't run into the error message when creating new categories.

If you're still experiencing any issue, please let me know and I can definitely have a further look on my end!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Admin

Hi @toddbeamish, welcome to the Seller Community and sorry to hear you're running into an issue with creating new categories.

Have you been able to run through these troubleshooting steps and see if they would help?

• Make sure your browser is up to date.
  • Clear the cache on your browser. Access the Help menu of your browser to locate step-by-step instructions.
  • Switch to a supported browser, such as Google Chrome.

If none of these troubleshooting tips work, please let me know:

• The exact version of your web browser. To find this, visit whatwebbrowser.com.
  • Confirm the device youโ€™re using (PC, Mac, iPad, Android device, etc.)
  • Include any applicable images or screenshots of errors youโ€™re seeing. For instructions on how to take a screenshot, visit take-a-screenshot.org.

Tra
Message 2 of 13

I'm having the same issue. Tried the troubleshooting steps but no good. Is this a known issue?

Message 3 of 13
Admin

Sorry to hear the troubleshooting steps didn't help @asifrashid82! It does look like it could be a more widespread issue. I've escalated this to our ECOM team so they can have a further look, and will follow up on this thread when I have an update from them. 

Tra
Message 4 of 13
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @toddbeamish and @asifrashid82, I just want to follow up and let you know our team have rolled out a fix for this issue. You shouldn't run into the error message when creating new categories.

If you're still experiencing any issue, please let me know and I can definitely have a further look on my end!

Tra
Message 5 of 13

Hi Square Team.

I have this same issue on my site. I cannot create categories for my products on my site either. Can you please adivse whether there is a fix for this. Thanks

Mick

Message 6 of 13
Admin

Sorry to hear you're running into this @h3ctic! The original issue reported on this thread has been resolved by our team. Can you try clearing the cache on your browser/use incognito browser or switch to a different browser like Chrome or Safari and see if the issue still persists? 

Tra
Message 7 of 13

Hi Tra,

I tried clearing the cache and switched to Safari as well. Neither managed to resolve the issue. Any other thoughts?

Mick

Message 8 of 13
Admin

Thanks for letting me know @h3ctic. If you can share the following information with me, I can get our engineering team eyes on this:

• The exact version of your web browser. To find this, visit whatwebbrowser.com.
  • Confirm the device youโ€™re using (PC, Mac, iPad, Android device, etc.)
  • Include any applicable images or screenshots of errors youโ€™re seeing. For instructions on how to take a screenshot, visit take-a-screenshot.org.
Tra
Message 9 of 13

Hi Tra,

I'm operating Chrome 93 on Mac

Macbook Air 2018 with Big Sur 11.5.2

Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at 9.06.52 am.png

Message 10 of 13
Admin

I've raised this with our team @h3ctic and will follow up here once I have an update from the team. Thanks for bearing with me!

Tra
Message 11 of 13
Admin

Hey @h3ctic, the issue should be fixed now - can you try creating the category again and let me know if you're still running into the same error message?

Tra
Message 12 of 13

Hi Tra,

Looks like we have success. Thank you very much.

cheers

Mick

Message 13 of 13