x

Cash Drawer without use of printer

I’m using our square stand for girl scout cookie sales. I’ve prefaced my question with that because we don’t have a ton of money and don’t do a ton of sales, we are going to be using this set up for maybe 3 weeks or so. With that being said, is there a cash drawer that we can connect to the stand without using a receipt printer? We will use an iPad Pro with the stand but do not want a receipt printer as it is an unnecessary expense for the amount of business that we do. Thanks! 

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

You can also try a simple Push To Open cash drawer that doesn’t connect to anything. They work pretty well, the downside is that it doesn’t open automatically and that it can be opened fairly easy. But we still love them!  

Here’s what we use:

https://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Black-Manual-Drawer-Stainless/dp/B014G8TQK6

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller Alumni

This is simple.  If you purchase the USB Drawer then you can connect it to the square stand with out the need for a printer as shown in the drawer installation video on this help page.

Message 2 of 5

Is there any other compatible option? The stand and reader were costs that I absorbed so that the girls could do card processing. I’m not sure that we can justify the cost of the $200+ cash drawer that we will only use for 2-3 weeks. 

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

You can also try a simple Push To Open cash drawer that doesn’t connect to anything. They work pretty well, the downside is that it doesn’t open automatically and that it can be opened fairly easy. But we still love them!  

Here’s what we use:

https://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Black-Manual-Drawer-Stainless/dp/B014G8TQK6

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 4 of 5

No u cannot use usb cash drawer without printer it will read a message “usb unable to connect”

Message 5 of 5