x

Cash management on the Square Terminal?

there isn't a cash management button under settings on the Square Terminal.  do I need to turn it on? I want to track starting cash and ending cash after transactions.  Why doesn't the Square Terminal have a cash management option?

Message 1 of 39
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

🎉 Update: Cash Drawer Management is now available on Square Terminal. You can now track your cash sales and manage your cash drawer directly from Square Terminal. 

We know that for some businesses managing cash may not be top of mind right now, as many business are implementing contactless payments, but I wanted to let everyone in this thread know this feature is available. Thank you everyone for your patience!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 7 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

Does the square terminal at least open cash drawer when you indicate it is cash transaction even if it doesn't reconcile balance in cash drawer.   

Message 22 of 39
Beta Member

The Terminal does open a very limited number of USB cash drawers.

Message 23 of 39

have they updated the cash management in square terminal yet 

Message 24 of 39
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @blankslate

Thank you for touching base about new features. What kind of cash management feature were you looking for? 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 25 of 39

I have a Square terminal, it doesn't have the cash management programed into it, they have it on square stand it gives you opening day drawer amount and watches your transaction? so you can balance your draw.

just wondering if they are any closer to installing this on the terminal.

Message 26 of 39

Hey there @blankslate

I don't have an update on the timeline for implementing this feature. Thank you for reaching out for an update. Keep an eye out for our Product Updates for upcoming launches. 

Kassi
Message 27 of 39

I’m also super keen to see cash management added to this. The square stand is still my only other option than the square terminal here in Australia we don’t have the full range of square equipment. And let’s face it and iPad Air is pretty out of date now

Message 28 of 39
Admin

Definitely appreciate you voicing your needs here @bubblewrap74! We'll make sure our Product team is aware of the continued requests. Thank you!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 29 of 39

I also need a cash management option for my terminal, but especially the feature to do paid outs, is this possible on square terminal even as a work around? 

Message 30 of 39

Hi there, @Cobanion 👋 Good to hear from you.

Thanks for voicing your desire for this feature as well. We will continue to update this thread as / when this feature is implemented. In this meantime, this Best Answer from Helen will be your best shot at a workaround.

Joe
Message 31 of 39

Please implement this feature.

I really don't understand why critical features like this are not implemented on all platforms. Some features require a terminal, others require an ipad and others require a PC/Browser. It makes no sense.

Message 32 of 39

Thanks for adding your voice here, @Zoomies. We will continue to update this thread with any new information regarding this feature. We appreciate your patience.

Joe
Message 33 of 39
Beta Member

This is crazy. Its a very basic feature that I cant believe isnt implemented yet. The terminals are supposed to be an "all in one device", I purchased it just for that reason. 

Message 34 of 39

I see where it says how to do it but I do not find the cash management option in my settings on my square registers

Message 35 of 39

Hi there, @SnapdragonHelp1 - we can step in to assist here! You should be able to find the Cash Management settings by selecting Settings > Cash Management.

If you're not seeing the option within your Registers, we would recommend reaching out to our Support Team directly for troubleshooting.

Joe
Message 36 of 39

Hi Joe, I have the cash management toggle turned on on my terminal. My problem is it is only showing me my starting cash amount not how much should be in my draw at the close of business. Am I missing a step or an update. I just purchased my terminal may be a month ago. 

Thank you, Deb 

Message 37 of 39
Beta Member

Just bought the complete terminal with the printer and cash drawer square sells only to find out the cash drawer doesn't actually work and there is no cash management on the square terminal. I was told this works right out of the box and it doesn't HOW IS THIS A COMPLETE SYSTEM? Why is square selling hardware that doesn't actually integrate and work? Its insane

Message 38 of 39

I can not find the cash management button either ???

Message 39 of 39