x

Categories

Just set up my online shop and added categories as I thought of them but now want to reorder i.e. alphabetical, how or can I do this? Thanks

Message 1 of 12
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @ironmonger, thanks for your post! At the moment, there isn't a way to sort the categories in alphabetical orders in the back-end.

However, you can rearrange the order of the categories on your website. To do this, you will need to:

1. Go to your Square Dashboard > Online > Website > Edit Site

2. Click Page: Home at the top; this will give you a drop down of all the pages.

3. Click into Category pages > Shop All

Screenshot 2020-12-22 at 10.42.16.png

4. Click Item list > Category links

Screenshot 2020-12-22 at 10.43.41.png

5. From here, you will be able to drag & drop the category links in order to rearrange them as needed.

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @ironmonger, thanks for your post! At the moment, there isn't a way to sort the categories in alphabetical orders in the back-end.

However, you can rearrange the order of the categories on your website. To do this, you will need to:

1. Go to your Square Dashboard > Online > Website > Edit Site

2. Click Page: Home at the top; this will give you a drop down of all the pages.

3. Click into Category pages > Shop All

Screenshot 2020-12-22 at 10.42.16.png

4. Click Item list > Category links

Screenshot 2020-12-22 at 10.43.41.png

5. From here, you will be able to drag & drop the category links in order to rearrange them as needed.

Tra
Message 2 of 12

Thank you!

Message 3 of 12

I have tried numerous times to reorganize categories as per your instructions, it accepts the changes at first but then reverts back all the time. So if I try to drag a category under another main category it makes the change then when a couple more are done they go back to where they were. I've tried the add category as well same thing happens.

Message 4 of 12

Persevered with this and found that it is better done in "Edit Categories"

Message 5 of 12

Thanks Ironmonger! I was able to do this by following what you said.

For anyone else that had this problem. You can do this from Site categories. Click on "Rearrange Categories" button

wwww.PNG

You then rearrange the categories and when done click the "Done rearranging button":ssss.PNG

Message 6 of 12
Admin

Really sorry to hear this @ironmonger! Please try running through these troubleshooting steps and see if they would help:

• Make sure your browser is up to date.
  • Clear the cache on your browser. Access the Help menu of your browser to locate step-by-step instructions.
  • Switch to a supported browser, such as Google Chrome.

If you have run through them all and are still experiencing the issue, the best course of action would be to contact our Support team directly. When you do get in touch, please confirm the exact version of your browser and the device you are using with the team to help with their investigation. 

Tra
Message 7 of 12

You must have missed my last message re this. I persevered and found it was better done in edit categories, no problem simple and sorted.

Message 8 of 12
Admin

Glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue! 

Tra
Message 9 of 12

Hi can you create sub-categories in your Square store? I've only been able to create categories. I want a category called 'Accessories' and then sub categories such as 'badges' 'stickers' etc

Message 10 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Hi @LUTE, thanks for your post and welcome to the Seller Community!

If you have at least one other category, you can make the category a subcategory. Under โ€˜Category organizationโ€™, select the โ€˜+โ€™ icon next to an existing category. After saving your changes, the new subcategory will appear nested underneath the category you just selected.

Learn more about organizing your website items with Square Online.

Message 11 of 12

Ok cheers we'll give it a go ๐Ÿ‘

Message 12 of 12