x
Beta Member

Category Link Editing

I have set up an online store for my restaurant and added categories. However, I am unable to edit how the categories links show up. For example, when clicking on starters my URL is https://larosh-grill.square.site/#8
Could I change the 8 to show up as starters so it is a little more friendly to share with customers and in online marketing? Is that an option? 

Ideal link: https://larosh-grill.square.site/starters

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hello @anasir - Did you create your checkout link in your Square account here or did you create this in your Square Online Store editor? 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 6
Beta Member

Hey @sayra I didn't manually create a checkout link at all. I synced my products with square in my weebly online store and created categories to display on the "order online" page. 

Message 3 of 6

@anasir thank you for posting the links above. I see what you are saying, but unfortunately there is no way to edit the URL of your category links. I understand that having #2 would not be as appealing as, say showing exactly the name of the category, but it isn't something that can be done. A workaround would be embedding the link into the category phrase for when you share the link, however this would not work if you were texting the link to your customers. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Message 4 of 6

I'm trying to figure out how to change the ending of item and category URLs. 

Every link seems to have a random number at the end, and I'm not sure why. I tried changing it in the item settings, but it still added the random number at the end.

www.velvetghostboutique.com/shop/accessories/9 

Items have even longer URLs...

https://www.velvetghostboutique.com/product/pumpkin-jack-o-lantern-earrings/124?cp=true&sa=false&sbp... 

Never had this issue with other website hosts. Any help would be appreciated. 

Message 5 of 6

Hi there, @VelvetGhost,

We appreciate your feedback regarding the overall look of these links. How you have those set up right now is correct, you can adjust the permalink in the category page and item page, but those endings will still be included. We moved your post to a thread where other Sellers have talked about this as well.

We recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request. 

Also, welcome to the Seller Community! While you are here, we recommend checking out our Orientation & Etiquette. Hope this helps! 😊

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Message 6 of 6