x

Change default pickup option from ASAP

Hi,

I need at least a 24 hours to get an order ready for pickup. Can you change the option of pick up from ASAP to have the customer choose the date and time they can pick up from the moment they choose between Pickup and Shipping? I think quite a few customers won't realise that they need to go to the option to 'Change Time' and click 'Later' from the drop down list.

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @kaushmeister, thanks for your post! At the moment, there isn't a way to remove the As soon as possible option from pickup. However, a workaround for this would be to set a Pickup & delivery prep time. If you set the prep time to be 1 business day, even if customers select ASAP, the latest they can pick up the item is after 24 hours. 

The prep time can be set per item like so.

ink - 2021-01-22T134116.182.png

Or you can also set it up from Settings > Pickup & Delivery > Edit location. If you decided to set it up here, you'd just need to change the prep time on each item to Using location default.

ink - 2021-01-22T134239.639.png

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 4

Yes I've set this. Just would be good if there was that option as soon as the customer selects Order Now > Pick Up > Selects Store > (the option to choose a date & time after the chosen prep time)

Message 3 of 4

Hi,

I am setting up a click and collect service for a mobile food stall and would greatly benefit from removing the ASAP option - it would be much clearer for all potential customers to have to pick a collection time from those available. I have set prep time for 30min, however for customers that want a specific collection time slot it is not obvious how they would go about choosing one. If every customer had to choose, the customer journey would be much smoother.

Message 4 of 4