x

Changing default "Location" on the Invoice creation screen

I have an annoying problem - basically I go to create an invoice from the dashboard on my laptop and when I click into the invoice tab, it defaults to my "Events" location. This not only isn't my main location, but I almost never would send an events invoice. All of my invoices are sent from "Main Location" and if I don't remember to click the drop down and change the location, it'll send from "Events." I've done it about 10 times in the past 6+ months. It's definitely annoying and I should be able to set my default location for invoices but can't find any way to do that....

Help! Thanks. 

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Simple,  Change the Nickname of your location.  This is alphabetical so adding changing it to z-event will put in on the bottom.  You can make this change in the dashboard under Accounts & Settings / Locations.  You can even label them 1-Main and 2-Event or whatever you want.

Note you may have to clear your browser cache to see this change right away.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Simple,  Change the Nickname of your location.  This is alphabetical so adding changing it to z-event will put in on the bottom.  You can make this change in the dashboard under Accounts & Settings / Locations.  You can even label them 1-Main and 2-Event or whatever you want.

Note you may have to clear your browser cache to see this change right away.

Message 2 of 3

Thanks RHatch for the tip. This will definitely work and I'll implement immediately. Though it's basically a work around - Square should be able offer the default option and it shouldn't just be alphabetical. 

Message 3 of 3