x

Changing the order of items in app?

I just created an account and ordered my reader.  In the meantime, I've added my items, however, it automatically put them in alphabetical order.  I don't want them in alphabetical order.  I'd like to put the most popular items at the top.  Is there a way to do this in the app or on the computer through the Square Dashboard?  

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 41
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

There isn't a way to sort it other than alphabetical.  What we did to trick it was put a space at the front of the 6 items we use 80% of the time when using an iPhone mobile.  The space puts it at the top of the list.  90% of our sales are on an iPad with the grid.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
Super Seller

Best Answer

There isn't a way to sort it other than alphabetical.  What we did to trick it was put a space at the front of the 6 items we use 80% of the time when using an iPhone mobile.  The space puts it at the top of the list.  90% of our sales are on an iPad with the grid.

Message 2 of 41

Well, that's inconvenient. Thank you for your help though !

Message 3 of 41

Mine didn't come out alphabetically but the order I typed them in. I hate it. I wanna organize them how I want it lol they should definitely fix this 

Message 4 of 41
Square

@Gabiherter - The Item library should definitely be sorted alphabetically. Have you tried signing in and out? Can you share a screenshot? 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 5 of 41

Mine is also not is alpha numerical order-it is in the order i placed them in . . . rather annoying.

Message 6 of 41
Admin

Hmm, that's strange @Kfit. Just to clarify the list of items isn't appearing in alphabetical order or your item grid isn't? Can you also let me know what kind of phone or tablet you're you using? 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 7 of 41

Thanks for the tip. It's dumb and amateurish not to be able to simply re-order

Message 8 of 41

I just put numbers in front of my items to order them. It's kinda ghetto, but it works.

Message 9 of 41
Square Community Moderator

@jzion12345 Thanks for sharing! That's a good workaround that I've seen other sellers use as well 👍🏼

Message 10 of 41

Just tried this, and it won't take a space, or two spaces. It acts like there is no space after it's saved. I did try an underscore, but that puts it at the bottom of the list. I also considered numbering the items, but it seems Square should have an ability to order the items. As another poster said, many will want to order them in a particular way, such as most often ordered, etc.

Message 11 of 41
Admin

Thanks for checking in here, @UGMTC, and welcome to the seller community. Sorry to hear about the trouble with the workaround. If you're using a tablet, I would suggest setting up a grid page with your most popular items. For more details on getting this set up, have a look at our Support Center: Set Up Your Item Grid on a Tablet.

Hope this helps streamline your checkout process!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 12 of 41

Sorry, but this is not helpful. We use the iPhone app and the list is a jumbled mess. I don't want to hack around it by putting numbers in front of everything because that screws up our online website store item names. This is really basic functionality.

Message 13 of 41
Beta Member

Did you try edit?  Are you in your phone or computer?  Sometimes had to switch between the devices to get it to work.  

Message 14 of 41
Beta Member

Hello, It does not move my items at all. I used to be able to put them in the order that I want, most are still that way. Any new items are put at the end on the booking site. Even if I put numbers, it does not change anything. You should never have changed from when we used to be able to drag items up and down to put them in the order we want.  Square really sucks about fixing issues that many people have complained about for many years. The above problem and others problems, like one customer being able to pay for other services done by a different barber/ stylist, and applying the credit to each individual worker. These are very basic issues that all other platforms that I have used have. The only reason that I stay with square is because of the time it saves me by automatic sync to QuickBooks.

Message 15 of 41
Square Community Moderator

Hi @GGLBarbershop

Thanks for highlighting this feature request and letting us know that this is still something you're hoping we improve. We're continuously advocating for the suggestions you share with us here, and passing your feedback on to the Appointments team. 

It sounds like you're looking to rearrange the order of your services which you can do via Visibility and Display in your Appointments Dashboard. Please let us know how you go!

Message 16 of 41
Beta Member

Hi.

I have logged into my appointments account and I cannot find anything that says "visibility and display".

It isn't under "home", "appointments", "account & settings", or "items".

Where is it located?

Jacob

Message 17 of 41

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "How do I put items in order" The author has been notified via email.

New here, created my menu items there’s 8 all up on the app so I can add items to the invoice but there not in order 

$25

$25

$45

$65

$85

$150

$175

$199

only issue is now there jumbled up and my OCD wants them in order from lowest to highest can’t this be done?

Message 18 of 41

I had to number my products . 01-09, 10- 100 etc.  

Message 19 of 41

I want to turn off the default alphabetizing. I can't seem to drag and move items.

Message 20 of 41
Admin

Hi @martinezarts! I moved your question over to this thread so you can take a look at a few workarounds that other sellers have had some luck with. Feel free to reach back out if you have other questions!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 21 of 41