x

Changing the "Return Screen" After Adding an Item

Hi,
I am currently using the Square Register for my cafe. I was wondering if it's possible to change what the screen displays after you add an item to the order. For example, let's say I am in the Desserts category and I add a chocolate cake to the order. Instead of the screen reverting back to the main menu level after adding that item, is it possible to have the screen go back to the previous category I was on? That way, if I had a bunch of different desserts I need to add back to back, i don't have to drill down so much.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Yes, this is an option. Go to Points of Sale -> Service Settings -> Menu Behavior

Message 2 of 5

Hi Neil,
Thanks for the reply. I just tried to go to the settings you mentioned, but it seems to be only for the Square for Restaurants. I am using the regular Square Register. Is there another way?

Message 3 of 5

Oh, sorry. I have only ever used Square for Restaurants so i'm not sure.

Message 4 of 5
Admin

@lhut99 Helen here from the Community team! You should be able to choose multiple items from the same category if you open the category from the Categories tab on the left-hand side of your Register. That way, after you add an item the screen will return to the list of items. To get started:

1. Open your Register and tap Checkout.
  2. Then tap Categories from the menu on the left > tap on the name of the category and select an item > repeat for each item! 

OK I realize I've said 'category' too many times but I hope that helps! 

(Thanks for the help too @NeilTimms!)

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 5 of 5