x

Changing the time my daily sales end

How do I get my daily sales report to extend from midnight until 3 a.m. 

I own a bar, and having the daily sales and at midnight it's not giving me an accurate picture of how much business I am doing on a particular day. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @PhilipB you should be able to filter for the times you want if you have the right dates/times chosen on Reports. I have a screenshot below of what this will look like:

Keep in mind that your daily sales summary will reflect your business hours, so make sure to set them up under Account & Settings. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

I would like to expand on the question posed by Philip. How do we change the hours on the report that is directly sent to us via email. For example, our daily sales report shows activity today is from 3:30pm to 10:00pm BUT we were open and making transactions as of 11:00am. Something changed/updated in the last month and need some help fixing it. Thanks!

Message 3 of 6
Alumni

I've seen reports being sent prematurely or way latter than usual before. Could be a blip, but If your daily sales reports are consistently being sent earlier than the business hours set in Acct & Settings, reach out to our CS Team so they can file a ticket to the appropriate team for a closer look. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Message 4 of 6

I have the same problem,   have changed reporting hours to start at 9am  and finish 8am.  this works ok for cash report which occurs when till is closed but my daily report I print in the morning does 12.00am to 11.59pm which does not give me a clear picture of cc transactions.  The daily e.mail of what is banked does not help as that is only Mon to Fri when the nights we are most likely open after midnight are Fri & Sat....which are added together on Monday report

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Pub5422

Welcome back to the Seller Community! 

You can custom populate any report for a specific date and time. I was able to successfully take a look at your report for all of your card transactions under Reports > Payment Method > Custom hours (seen picture below) > iPad drop-down menu. Feel free to give us a call to walk you through a more detailed report in your Square Online Dashboard.

Hope this helps! 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 6 of 6