x

Checkout Customer Information

Is there a way for our customers to be required to leave their name in the section near their email information? We often have customers leave this field blank near the email field. This name area goes on our tickets for pickup days at our bakery which can have hundreds of customers. It takes an extra step if we have to go into the receipts to find their name online under their payment info. Is there to make this field a REQUIREMENT?

Thanks,

Geneve Rege

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Brianmeunier - thanks for reaching out to us again here on the Seller Community! Good to hear from you agian. 

Are you referring to collecting customer information during the checkout process on the Online Store? At this time, there is no way to set a specific field as a requirement through checkout in the Online Store. There are however some helpful work-arounds to point your customers in the right direction while visiting your site. We recommend taking a look at this resource. This will give you some insight on setting up a pointed URL for your site.

Since this ability is considered a Feature Request, I'm happy to pass thing along to our Product Teams for visibility. Thanks, again! Let me know if you have any clarifying questions/ 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8

We have added simple Square checkout buttons to our website which work great. However, when a customer checks out, the only information we receive about him/her is email address. Is there anyway to tell Square to also request customer name and address at checkout?

Message 3 of 8
Admin

Hi @hallofflame- Thanks for posting! 

I went ahead and moved your question to this thread where Joe addresses this same thing. I'll make sure to still pass along your feedback to our Product Team in the mean time.

Thanks!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 4 of 8

We have recently set up our online store via Square. I don't see very much information about the customers making purchases, however. On a recent sale, all I can see in the transaction record is an email address and a zip code. At the very least, I would want their name - and ideally their address as well. We do not yet offer shipping - only pickup from our store - so they aren't required to enter a shipping address.

Is there a way to require more information? Or to access the information that is surely being collected at the time of the sale?

Message 5 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi @AartCenterKY!

I moved your post to an existing thread where another seller had the same question.

Check out @Joe_'s answer for more details.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 8

How do we make Email First and Last name not optional on an online order?

We have sold an online e-gift card and the purchaser only filled out the first name. We have no information on their last name, phone or e-mail. How do we make those fields Mandatory to complete during a transaction so this doesnt happen again?

Message 7 of 8
Admin

Appreciate you joining the Seller Community @Ncd_Skin! Take a look here for an answer to your question. And be sure to ask anything else you may think of.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 8 of 8