x

Clean installation on Square Register.

I just purchased a Square Register. I don't see an opening on the mounting plate for the connection cables to run through and connect to the Register cleanly. Does this mean the opening through my counter has to be exposed for the cables to run through and connect to the Register?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

@JahvaRob Hmm, forgive me, but  I can't recall if the mounting plate is supposed to have an opening to run wires through.

@pessosices, you have the Square Register, right - can you help us out here? Not sure if yours is mounted to your counter top. Thanks for your help 🙂

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Super Seller Alumni

Hey @JustinC & @JahvaRob 

There's no hole through the Mounting Plate, the wire channel on the base of the Register leads just off to the side of the mounting plate - We drilled a hole immediately to the side of the plate, and the wires are practically invisible.

There's definitely room for improvement in the design though

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 3 of 4
Alumni

@pessosices thanks for clearing that up for me 🙌 @JahvaRob - hopefully Pesso's current set up sparks some ideas for you. 

In the meantime, I'll be sure to ask our Hardware Product Team if there are plans to improve the mounting plate design. When I get a shareable update, you'll be the first to know here. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4