x
Highlighted

Cleaning up sales data

Hello there - 

We purchased a business and the previous owner wasn't exactly the most organized.  We went through a process to properly categorize each item.  Then the store manager changed some of the categories each item was in - making the reporting incorrect. 

So we have three phases of data.  Phase 1:  previous owner, item and their categories are a mess.  Phase 2:  data is clean.  Phase 3:  data is 90% clean, but not perfect. 

What I would like to do is be able to download all the items ever sold into an excel file, add the correct category and upload that to the Square system.  This should allow all of the reporting to be accurate, across all transactions.  Right now I can't accurately compare anything unless I export to Excel and do the clean up myself. 

Does anyone know if this is possible?  Has anyone else had similar issues?  If so, how did you deal with it?

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super Seller

Re: Cleaning up sales data

Best Answer

You cannot change or alter past transactions. The only thing you can do is attach a customer to a past transaction. 

What I would do is export all data and correct it as you stated.  So at least you can make you own reports. 

You may consider starting a new location then you know from that point forward all data is correct. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super Seller

Re: Cleaning up sales data

Best Answer

You cannot change or alter past transactions. The only thing you can do is attach a customer to a past transaction. 

What I would do is export all data and correct it as you stated.  So at least you can make you own reports. 

You may consider starting a new location then you know from that point forward all data is correct. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2