x

Combo Meals on Square Online

Looking for some help in adding an "add on combo" option. We're a seafood market, so most everything is sold by the pound. Ex: Customer would select  a weight of crawfish, or shrimp to place their order. 

I had a modifier set to give customers an option to make their order a combo (drink and side) with a small discount rather than purchasing a la cart. HOWEVER square is adding the modifier set to each pound, instead of the order. 

Ex: customer purchases 5 pounds of crawfish and chooses the modifier add on combo (3.99). The system then charges the customer $20 (a combo for each individual pound). 

Does anyone know a way around this? I simply want to give an add-on sale option to the order of one drink and one side with any purchase. HELP!!!!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

@crawfishguy It sounds like you have each variation and are using a quantity of 1 as 1lb, 2 as 2lb, etc. etc.

What you would need to do is set up a variation for each item with the variations as the pounds.  I.E.

Crawfish 1lb -   5.99

Crawfish 2lb - 11.98

Crawfish 3lb - 17.97

Then you would have your modifier and it would apply 1 time to the variation of lbs chosen.  I would have each seafood as it's own item, but in theory you could name it seafood combo but you would have alot of variations.  Sometimes this is done using options where the first option would be the seafood item, second option would be the weight, third option would be combo yes combo no or type of combo.  This auto makes all the variations you need and then you price them.  I prefer not to have so many variations and use just the modifier for the combo.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Greetings! 

We've created a created a feature request for "create combo functionality".  It was updated to "open" by the Square team which means they are looking at it closer and looking for feedback/use cases from others.  You can find the request below....

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Square-for-Restaurants/Add-quot-combo-quot-functionality/idc-p/65...

...please consider taking a look and adding your input/use cases so we can show Square how much this is needed!

Thanks!

Message 3 of 3