x
Beta Member

Connect Square to WIX- online ordering for food

I have recently set up a WIX website after reading that it was compatible with square. I used the "restaurant" option to build out an entire menu for coffee drinks, complete with customizable options. The menu and online ordering option look fantastic, however I can't seem to figure out how to connect square to the online ordering portion. When looking at the different options for online payments, square is not one of them. My square is already connected to the "shop" portion of the website, but won't connect with the menu/online order portion. I don't want to have to go through building a different website, if i can possibly avoid it. Does anyone know of a work around? or a third party app that would be compatible with the Wix restaurant portion AND the square? 

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @BJCC1 - I'm not sure if you already have your Item Library/menu set up on your Square account, but if you do, the easiest thing to do here would be to set up your Square Online Store.

Although Square is a payment provider option for your Wix website, Wix has a separate list of payment providers for their Restaurant product. You can find a list of supported payment gateways for Wix Restaurants here - Square is not included as a supported option on the Wix Restaurants list.

I hope this helps clarify why you're not able to connect your Square account to your Wix Restaurants online ordering system - please let us know if other questions come up!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @BJCC1 - I'm not sure if you already have your Item Library/menu set up on your Square account, but if you do, the easiest thing to do here would be to set up your Square Online Store.

Although Square is a payment provider option for your Wix website, Wix has a separate list of payment providers for their Restaurant product. You can find a list of supported payment gateways for Wix Restaurants here - Square is not included as a supported option on the Wix Restaurants list.

I hope this helps clarify why you're not able to connect your Square account to your Wix Restaurants online ordering system - please let us know if other questions come up!

Valentina
Message 2 of 7
Beta Member

I do have my menu/items loaded onto square, and I have seen the option to publish it for online ordering. Is there a way to link the square online store to a wix website?  I don’t want to have to rebuild another website. Ideally, since square cannot be linked with the restaurant portion of wix, I would love to have a link on my wix site that would direct customers to the online square ordering 

Message 3 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hey @BJCC1,

There isn't a way to link two websites together no. 

They're run off two completely different APIs. 

Ashley C
Message 4 of 7

This isn't technically true. You can create your Square site and then embed the ordering page on a created ordering page on the Wix site.

Message 5 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Thank you for sharing this tip @TiKing

Message 6 of 7

How?

Message 7 of 7