x

Does square terminal have bluetooth

Does square terminal have bluetooth

I dont have wifi in my store, currently connect my square to my cell phone via bluetooth, and have 4G ..

Considering the square terminal and wondering how to connect it to phone to accept payments.

Would the added hub work

0 Likes
25 Comments
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @JGregory! Thanks for asking your question here. And welcome to the Seller Community from our Team to yours! Happy to have you 📈

You can absolutely use your phone to connect to the Square Terminal! The Terminal can run on a mobile hotspot from your device, or with a regular WiFi connection. You can find more details on connecting your Terminal and other relevant information, here

Let me know if you have any questions! I am here to help. 

I have just purchased a Square TERMINAL and want to use it at street fairs, etc. with connection to my iPhone 11 via bluetooth.  I don't see an option to do that.  The salesperson told me that I can connect the Terminal to my iPhone via bluetooth.  Help!

Alumni

Hey @AuthorBillK -

Apologies for the confusion - The Square Terminal is not Bluetooth capable unfortunately. However, you can connect it to your mobile device's hotspot to operate using internet. 

Beta Member

I have an outdoor event and no wifi is available. I want to be able to use my square terminal for transactions.

Alumni

Looks like @puka covered your question this thread. I hope this helps!

How do I connect my iPhone 11 to a terminal to process a payment? Is there a tether cable I need to buy? I don’t want a landline phone

Hi @Gatroot

This is not an option. We'd recommend checking out supported Terminal devices here on the Shop.  

I have a 7ci and it is very useful because it is wireless.

I bought a Square Terminal days ago to find that it has a customised Android as its OS, but I guess it has no bluetooth module as a hardware.

So it will not be possible to add bluetooth feature to Square Terminal even in future software updates.

This is very disappointing.

Eventually I will prefer using iPad & Square stand because it is compatible with 7ci.

I hope Square Team will resolve this issue.

@OTC Thanks for sharing and welcome to the Seller Community! The ability to have bluetooth for the Square Register and Square Terminal are both popular feature requests we are tracking and slowly working toward. I don't have any information on when this will be released, but we will always share our updates in relevant threads as well as in our release notes

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

So I ordered a square terminal and apparently didn’t read enough about its capabilities. I have a socket mobile bar code scanner that I was wanting to use with it like I use with my stand register but apparently the mobile terminal doesn’t have Bluetooth!? Does anyone else think this was a huge oversight? Built in wifi, prints receipts but if you want to scan anything you have to be stuck back to a wire. I guess I’ll be returning the terminal unless anyone has a work around.