x

Create report to show item sales for specific item on online store

I need to create a report to show who bought a specific item and how many from our online store. If I make an item sales report from the main location it mixes online sales with in person sales. I don't see a way to weed out only the ones bought online. If I generate a report for the item from the online store it will show me who bought the item but also everything else they bought in the same order.

What I'm using this for is to know how many of said item I need on hand when people come to retrieve them at a venue. I also want to use the printed list as a checklist so we know who has picked up and who hasn't. I can't use the "complete" function because people order different items in the same purchase and receive them at different times.

I only want to see the specific item I'm interested in and who bought how many from the online store only. Is there a way to do this?

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Actually you can do this IF you have a few thing set up correctly.  1.  Your store iPads are set up using device ID's.  This way every sale made will come back with the Device name.  2.  Your using Squares online store.

This is how you get your report.  Go to Sales / Reports /  Items Item Sales.  Select date range and time frame.  Select location(s), Set to summary, Select Display by Device.  Then filter by items and select your item(s).

Your report will list items under No Device Name.  These are your online sales.  Every thing else are your store sales.  If you have multiple locations you can see what came from each location by the device name.

Here is a screen shot.

Hope this helps.

Screen Shot 2019-01-05 at 10.56.20 PM.png

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

You are correct that square doesn’t have any real good reporting for online-specific sales. 

You can can download a sales report CSV from the admin page of your store, but it only tracks completed orders. Open orders are still “pending” according to Square so they don’t show in any sales reports. 

For your situation, the best advice I have is to make use of the order list on the online store admin page. Have an excel spreadsheet at the ready and format the spreadsheet for the specific info you’re needing. I wish there was a better option.... 

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 7
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Actually you can do this IF you have a few thing set up correctly.  1.  Your store iPads are set up using device ID's.  This way every sale made will come back with the Device name.  2.  Your using Squares online store.

This is how you get your report.  Go to Sales / Reports /  Items Item Sales.  Select date range and time frame.  Select location(s), Set to summary, Select Display by Device.  Then filter by items and select your item(s).

Your report will list items under No Device Name.  These are your online sales.  Every thing else are your store sales.  If you have multiple locations you can see what came from each location by the device name.

Here is a screen shot.

Hope this helps.

Screen Shot 2019-01-05 at 10.56.20 PM.png

Message 3 of 7
Super Seller

Finally a good use for device codes! Thanks @RHatch!

7BC995D2-A59E-4DB0-AFB5-EDD6D246A5A1.gif

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 4 of 7

What is the difference between " Device Name" and "Device Nickname"? I thought I had it all set up by creating devices and having each one sign in using the code. But if I filter by "Device Name" I only see "No Device Name" listed. If I choose to filter by "Device Nickname" then I see a "No Device Nickname" and the other devices I created.

Message 5 of 7
Super Seller Alumni

Device Nickname reporting is only available for transactions taken using Square Point of Sale versions 4.51 or newer. So if you sign in with Device Id's you can sort by Device Nickname.  Device Name is the actuall name of the Device set in the device settings.   So if you asign a device ID to an employee's phone and your Device Nickname is "Employee name" but there device name is "Employee's Phone" that is what you are going to see under Device name.  

Message 6 of 7

This does solve the problem of separating the online sales from the in store sales, but how do i know WHO purchased what and make a list?

Message 7 of 7