x

Current Quantity vs New Quantity

Hello all,

I am preparing to do an upload to modify my item list and add SKU numbers. I am not sure though what exactly to do with the New Quantity column. Do I need to copy my Current Quantity into the New Quantity, or if I leave New Quantity blank will it just keep the current quantity in the system? Last time I messed with these columns in an upload I accidentally duplicated all of my items. I'm trying to make sure that doesn't happen again.

Thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Helen here stepping in for Tom today! If you don't enter a different value or any value to New Quantity it doesn't change your Current Quantity (and won't set everything to 0).

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

👋Hey @NailedItDIY, welcome to the seller community!

When you do a bulk update, your Item Library will reflect the values that are entered (or not entered) into the template. For further clarification:

New Quantity: Enter the current stock count here. This count will replace any existing stock count.

Current Quantity: This is the current quantity of an item defined as in stock. Changes to this field are ignored on import.

Hope this clears things up! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 7

Thank you for helping me with my question, Tom! Just so I'm sure I understand, if I don't enter a value in New Quantity, does Square maintain the Current Quantity or does it set everything to 0?

Message 3 of 7
Admin

Best Answer

Helen here stepping in for Tom today! If you don't enter a different value or any value to New Quantity it doesn't change your Current Quantity (and won't set everything to 0).

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 7

Thanks for your help!

Message 5 of 7

So I have an additional question about these two fields

So if my import includes rows that already exist in square that have current stock values >0.

So if I leave Current Stock blank and enter a value in New stock will those two values be added together... ie Current stock is 2 and I update the record to have a New stock of 3 will it show a total of 5 or will it overwrite it to be 3??

Message 6 of 7
Super Seller

@stuffedpretzel ;

New Stock will be whatever you put in.

So Current Stock of 3  Received 2 and Enter 2 as New Stock this will have your Stock at 2.   Think of New stock as a total Recount not adding to your Current stock or Stock Received.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 7 of 7