x

Custom And Suggested Cash amounts Android Square App

Hey all, 

Another quick couple of questions:

We are using Android tablets, and have Cash Management enabled, when we go to take cash, you are presented with suggested options, if we sell something for £3.40, on the android it gives suggestions £3.40, £3.50, £4, £5, Custom where as the ipad gives more meaningful £3.40, £4, 5, £10, £15 Custom. Does this learn and change, or can we change it?

Second question, is on the Android tablet, if we hit Custom amount, it is bringing up a full keyboard compared with just a Numerical one.

Any thoughts? 

Here is a picture of the section i am talking about, i screen shotted this off the square site for reference

Capture.PNG

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @simong, thank you for reaching out!

Regarding the suggested amount - I'm not too sure myself, so I'll check in with my team and see if there is something within the settings we can change.

Regarding the keyboard - would you mind sending in a screenshot of the keyboard you are getting? That shouldn't happen so I may need to file a ticket with our engineering team.

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 4

Hi, 

sorry I just seen this, I will grab it next week, and send to you.

thanks

Simon

Message 3 of 4

Would it also be possible to have set amounts? Exact change, £5, £10, £20 and custom?  This would speed up our transactions as almost every transactions requires manually typing in the cash amount.

Message 4 of 4