x

Custom Emails

Hello, i am trying to edit emails - ones in email and text alerts.

Is there anyway to edit/remove the pre given information provided, ie. pick up information and downloads? Some of the information is irrelvant to me and not needed. 

It shows download but none of the itmes on my store is downloadable, will this not show to my customers when they have ordered?

Ive set up for pick up availible and added pickup notes into this section, will this show in the email for the customer and none of the previews show that this message will appear?

Pick up location - will this show my pickup location not what is provided in the email mock as this is uneditable?

This is the last step to me launching but worried customers are going to recived irrelvant/incorrect information when they have placed a order. 

Thank you

Message 1 of 8
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Custom Emails

No worries about the image, @Rosem! And thank you for the detailed explanation of what you are looking for from the confirmation emails. 😊

So if you are looking to change the pickup instruction on your confirmation emails, I would advise you to change the pickup instructions within your Fulfillment settings. To do this:

1. Go to your Square Online Overview page.
  2. On the menu on the left-hand side of the screen, click on Fulfillment > Pickup & Delivery > Edit  
  3. On the menu on the left, make sure you have selected Pickup.
  4. Scroll down to the bottom of the page until you reach the Pickup instructions section. Enter the pickup instructions you have detailed in your post above.
  5. Click Save.  

The pickup instructions verbiage you set in this portion of your Square dashboard will automatically sync to the order confirmation email, but will not show in the email editor. To check that the confirmation email appears as you want it to, we recommend putting through a test order on your website using your own email. You can always refund the transaction yourself later.

Let me know how you get on with the above and if you have any further questions! 

1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

Hi Rosem. The example shown when you edit an email is purely an example and doesn’t reflect the actual email that get sent. If you were using shipping, the Pickup and Downloads details would not be included. You can send a test email to see exactly what would be sent.

https://the-ungrateful-wench.square.site

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Beta Member

Best Answer

Hi Rosem. The example shown when you edit an email is purely an example and doesn’t reflect the actual email that get sent. If you were using shipping, the Pickup and Downloads details would not be included. You can send a test email to see exactly what would be sent.

Message 2 of 8

Okay thank you, is there now way to edit what the pick up information gives? As I don't have a shop where they go to a register to collect there order. I just run a small business from home so that I formation is irrelevant? 

Many thanks 

Rose 

Message 3 of 8
Beta Member

Sorry, I don't use Pickup so not sure what information is shown. Tony

Message 4 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Rosem, congrats on your first post on Square's Seller Community, we're delighted to have you on board!

As per @tonydow 's reply (thank you!), the confirmation emails displayed in the editor show all of the content that could possibly be displayed when your customer receives it but will be adapted based on the type of fulfillment method your customer has chosen. So for example, if your customer chose shipping, only the shipping details will be displayed on the email. You can test this out by sending yourself a test email to see what your customers will receive. To do so, go to your Square Online Overview page > Communications > Email & Text Alerts > click the three dotes beside Order Confirmation and click Send Test Email. 

The example items shown in the preview emails are just that - examples. So although you don't sell digital items, the items shown in the email sent to your customers will correspond to the item they have purchased. 

With regards to the pickup information displayed, have you tried altering the information in the fulfillment information in the fulfillment settings, such as changing the address? What information would you like to be displayed to your customers? Could you provide some screenshots of what you're seeing and point out what you'd like to change? 

I hope the information above helps clear some things up for you. I'll look forward to your reply and if you need anything else in the meantime, let me know! 

Message 5 of 8

Thank you for your reply! 

Great to know my customers will only be shown the relevant information for them.

In regards to the pick up, I've changed the address to my home address as that's where I currently work from but this dosent change the information in the test email. 

For the areas that I would like to see changed for me would be this paragraph here 

"You can pick it up any time during business hours. Go to the register, give your name and order number, and the sales associate will locate your order." (Im stuggling to attach a screenshot so I've quoted the areas) 

I've selected the pick up to be they choose a time within my working hours to pick up upon completing there order so having this presented in the email in the way of 'Please collect your order closest to your time slot as you can' or something similar along them lines (not sure if this feature is already represented as dosent show in the test emails. 

And the where to go to collect there order a simple message such as ' Upon collection please bring your order number/conformation with you' 

Hope this helps, sorry once again I couldn't attach a image but I hope I've explained the best I can on the areas that arnt suitable for me 😊 

Message 6 of 8
Square Community Moderator

No worries about the image, @Rosem! And thank you for the detailed explanation of what you are looking for from the confirmation emails. 😊

So if you are looking to change the pickup instruction on your confirmation emails, I would advise you to change the pickup instructions within your Fulfillment settings. To do this:

1. Go to your Square Online Overview page.
  2. On the menu on the left-hand side of the screen, click on Fulfillment > Pickup & Delivery > Edit  
  3. On the menu on the left, make sure you have selected Pickup.
  4. Scroll down to the bottom of the page until you reach the Pickup instructions section. Enter the pickup instructions you have detailed in your post above.
  5. Click Save.  

The pickup instructions verbiage you set in this portion of your Square dashboard will automatically sync to the order confirmation email, but will not show in the email editor. To check that the confirmation email appears as you want it to, we recommend putting through a test order on your website using your own email. You can always refund the transaction yourself later.

Let me know how you get on with the above and if you have any further questions! 

Message 7 of 8

AHH that's perfect thank you!! I have filled in this section and did wonder where and why it wasn't appearing anywhere but this make much more sence now! 

Thank you for your help 😊

Message 8 of 8