x

Custom Order Statuses / Notifications

Hi all,

From the FAQ page, I'm a little bit unsure what the various pre-determined order statuses are for online stores, so I was wondering: is it possible to create customised order statuses:

I.E. : Order Received > Order Accepted > Order Dispatched / Order Cancelled

Also, will the customer receive an automated message each time a status is updated? If so, can those messages be customised too?

Many thanks,

Andy

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @Andy1981, thanks for your post!

At the moment, it isn't possible to edit or create customised order statuses. It's a feature request that has come up before so I'll definitely pass this to the appropriate team as well.

With regards to the notification customers receive, this can depend on the fulfilment method. Can you let me know if the majority of your orders are pickup order, delivery order or shipping order? 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 4

It would be an online business, so all orders will be posted. Apologies, but I'm not sure what the difference between a delivery order or shipping order is... they both sound like the same thing to me?

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Andy1981 

A delivery order is an order that you, the seller, would deliver to the customer. Whereas a shipping order, would be delivered by a carrier (i.e UPS, USPS, FedEx, DHL). 

I hope this helps 🙂

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4